180 Franklin Tpke

Jun Lung Restaurant

Cuisine: Chinese, Japanese, Catering

Overall
  • 7/28/2017

A dining patron from Darien, CT tried it.

• 12/06/2014

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 10/15/2014

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it and didn't like it. They didn't like the food.

• 6/24/2014

• 5/28/2014

A Chinese food lover from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 6/13/2013

A diner from Mahwah, NJ tried it and liked it.

elvisdo photo

elvisdo

Mahwah, NJ

Jun Lung Still Remains Our Go-To Place

Convenience is always the name of the game. This is where Jun Lung comes into the picture. My family has used this restaurant quite frequently for those days when we want quick Chinese food. It also helps in our decision-making that they also offer the Japanese variety as well.

There was a time when we stopped using Jun Lung because we didn’t like the quality of the fish used for its sashimi. Obviously this place cannot compete with restaurants solely focused on Japanese cuisine. But after a year we decided to try the place again and give it another try. What a difference a year makes.

The fish used in the sashimi is so much better than it was in the past. This makes a huge difference when it comes to ordering because we know now we can rely on the quality. In fact I had so much faith that I ordered several platters for a party we had. Our guests raved about the sushi they ate stating that it was really good and tasted fresh. This restored my faith in the Japanese portion of this restaurant.

The Chinese food is still as I remember it. Every one in my family has a favorite and I usually order the same thing for everyone. I usually like to mix it up for myself and try different items. My latest discovery was that Jun Lung now serves duck. The Wor Shu duck is actually quite good and I was impressed with how it was prepared.

I also love that I can still order online through Grubhub. What I don’t like is that fact that they got rid of its coupons. I have to select to pay at the establishment and take the printed coupon over there. Before I would have done and pay for everything online. Now I have to go through these machinations just to get a deal.

Jun Lung is a very popular place. The amount of business they do is amazing. There is a sit down portion of the restaurant for those who are not in a rush and have the need to be waited on. The evening time is always busy with many people coming to pick up their orders. I don’t see this place going out of business any time soon in an economy that waffles back and forth. Jun Lung provides the service everyone expects and enjoys.

J37. Spicy Crunch Roll

One of the items we always order. It has the perfect blend for freshness and crunch.

MotherGrizzly photo

MotherGrizzly

Ridgewood, NJ

Popular Chinese/Japanese Place @ Jun Lung

When Jun Lung added Japanese food to its menu, I didn’t think it would last. It was already successful as solely a Chinese restaurant. It was a risk to make this move when they did their expansion. However it has paid off.

I wasn’t loving the sushi and sashimi from his place when they first introduced it. Everything didn’t taste fresh and it had a fishy smell to it. Good sashimi doesn’t have any smell and this did so I didn’t order here again. But that changed when I visited this place again.

I noticed the sushi was new so I decide to give it a chance again. I’m glad I did because I can taste the difference. The sashimi is definitely that much better. Even the knife works is better because the pieces aren’t extremely thick. I can tell that the fish is fresh and is taken care of in a proper manner. I have a fondness for the spicy crunch roll with the spider roll coming in a close second. The sashimi dinner is good as well but I would definitely get the Love Boat platter if you are in a sharing mood. It’s definitely worth the money.

I am happy with this new discovery. Usually this hybrid blend of Chinese and Japanese under the she roof doesn’t always succeed. I’m glad that Jun Lung has taken some steps to move beyond mediocrity and improve with its selection. It’s a good marriage of the two cultures.

1/06/2019

A dining patron from New Rochelle, NY tried State Line Diner.

1/06/2019

A food lover from New Rochelle, NY tried Stateline Diner.

12/29/2018

A dining patron from Westwood, NJ tried Wilkes Delicatessen.

4/08/2018

A diner from Sloatsburg, NY tried Sonny & Tony's Pizza & Italian Restaurant and liked it.

2/03/2018

A diner from New York, NY tried Nonna's Pizza And Restaurant and liked it.

12/20/2017

Gateway_deli tried Gateway Gourmet, liked it, and rated it . Gateway_deli liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/31/2017

A dining patron from Avenel, NJ tried Cafe Amore @ Crossroads, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
the best gyros! inexpensive, but great quality!
10/03/2017

A chowhound from Springfield, PA tried Stateline Diner.

9/04/2017

A diner from Stamford, CT tried Wah Sing, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Fast,clean, great food
Cons
the staff an be very rude.
8/16/2017

A French food lover from Lodi, NJ tried Bon Appetit, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Chinese Japanese Takeout

Jun Lung Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Jun Lung Restaurant is located near the cities of Suffern, Darlington, Ramsey, Airmont, and Hillburn.
People found this by searching for: Jun Lung Mahwah Nj, Jungslungs, Jun Lung Mahwah Nj Menu, Jung Lung Mahwah, Jung Lung, Jung Lung Mahwah Nj, Jung Lung Chinese Restaurant, Jun Lung Mahwah Menu, and Content.