14526 Northwest Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78410-5510

K-Bob's Steakhouse

(Between Riverwood Rd and River Hill Dr)

Neighborhoods: Calallen
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Catering, Burgers

K-Bob's Steakhouse is a Steakhouse, Catering, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Good food but horrible service. Waitresses rarely go back to the table. Service is slow and poor. "
"Good food great services... I'd go back every time "
"Fast service"
"The food was good but always out of sausage or cheese dip or crown royal or sweet potatoes !! Need to do better job on restocking "
"Service terrible, food worse; asked for medium well steak it came out burnt! Never coming back! "
"the salad bar was out of this world service was excellent the restaurant was clean and the manager was fantastic along with the servers great place to eat highly recommended"
"If it didn't make a turd, it would push one out. "
"Dessert Friendly about everything Salad bar "
"chicken fried steak and the Salad bar"
"I left after sitting over 10 minutes waiting for someone to come and take my drink order. I could have understood if they had been busy but they didn't even have 10 customers."
Cons
"Needs some kind of management . "
"wish they had country breakfast"
"Really nothing "
"Better service "
Comments
"We were there for my birthday. Had a sirloin and then dessert. Everything was wonderful."
"Really good but really needs some one that knows how to get it together before y'all lose it to A-1 Steakhouse "
"would love to have a potato skins on the menu and deep fried jalapenos"
"Good Makes me feel comfy"
"more friendly"
  • 11/25/2018

A Steakhouse food lover from Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX tried it.

• 9/16/2018

A dining patron from Corpus Christi, TX tried it.

• 6/17/2018

A Steakhouse food lover from Corpus Christi, TX tried it and liked it.

• 3/14/2018

A dining patron from Corpus Christi, TX tried it and liked it.

• 1/28/2018

A dining patron from Alice, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Comments
  • 11/04/2017

A diner from Houston, TX tried it.

• 11/01/2017

• 10/03/2017

A Steakhouse food lover from Corpus Christi, TX tried it.

• 9/10/2017

A Steakhouse chowhound from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/06/2017

A Steakhouse chowhound from Alice, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

foodie223 photo

foodie223

Never going back

After waiting over 30 minutes to be seated for lunch, I still didn’t lose my patience as I was excited to eat at K-Bob’s because I haven’t been to the new restaurant in Calallen. Once seated, it took forever to get drinks and even place our order. I was going to order the salad wagon, but after walking by it on the way to the restroom, it looked like a family picnic that 100 people had eaten off of. There were bowls that were empty and almost empty. Gosh was I hungry. I was patient again and waited for my meal, a shrimp po’boy and fries, which entailed another 45 minute wait. Oh my. When it arrived, there were 3 less-than-medium-sized shrimp on a 6 inch hoagie roll and cold french fries. I asked the waiter if that’s all the shrimp that usually comes on the sandwich and his reply was “Yes ma’am.” Our table was never offered rolls. Two of my friends ordered medium steaks; one of them was well done and the other was rare/med rare. Wow. Isn’t that their specialty? I felt sick the rest of the afternoon and my husband didn’t feel too well either after eating the BBQ burger and fries. It’s bright and early in the morning and I’m awake because my hubby’s been sick in the bathroom all night. Needless to say, we will never be going back. I wonder which food safety techniques they are not practicing, or do I really want to know?

Ticketbndr photo

Ticketbndr

Corpus Christi, TX

Disappointing first (and likely last) experience!

I was a frequent customer of the K-Bob’s that used to be in Calallen and had been very much looking forward to the new location opening. Now that I’ve eaten there once, I am sad to say I will probably not be back. It started when my dinner companion ordered a Diet Coke and the waitress brought her a Dr. Pepper. When the waitress returned my friend said, “This is a Dr. Pepper.” The waitress’s response was, “You don’t like Dr. Pepper?” (Is it just me, or should the logical question here have been, “Is that not what you ordered?”) She returned a short time later with a basket of dinner rolls and the verbal disclaimer, “They came out like this.” — “like this” being flat as a flitter, as Grandma used to say. Seriously, it looked like someone had set a heavy plate on top of them by mistake, because they were squished and flat. Literally not even an inch high. Meanwhile, I observed two other customers (people I did not know) at a nearby table growing more annoyed because one’s dinner had been delivered and sat there getting cold while she waited for her companion’s meal to arrive. Eventually they requested a to go box for her meal which she hadn’t yet touched and told the waitress to cancel the other order that had never arrived.

I was a little surprised at the prices. Granted, everything these days costs more and restaurants are no exception, but $9 for a chicken fried steak and it only comes with your choice of ONE side? When our meal arrived, all of the side dishes (green beans for my companion and steamed broccoli and a baked potato for me) were not hot – not even warm, for that matter. In fact, my potato wasn’t even warm enough to melt the room temperature butter I put on it. Based only on the quality of the food and service, I would probably not be back, but even if both had been excellent, I would never want to eat there again if i t would mean being subjected to the music we had to listen to the entire time. It sounded like it may have been a recording of some old Grand Old Opry-type radio show from the 50’s that included far too many old religious/gospel songs of the “Shall We Gather at the River” variety for my personal comfort level. Evidently, K-Bob’s is going for a “theme,” but that type of old, twangy, Hank Williams, Sr. type country music is definitely not something that appeals to everyone, not even if they are in the mood for steak. In the end, cold food, bad service and annoying atmosphere (music) ended up being 3 strikes against K-Bob’s. We’re out and probably won’t be back.

Charloin

I ended up ordering the 8 ounce “Charloin” mainly because it was one of the few entrees that offered a choice of two sides – most menu items only allow you to choose one, so you can have meat and some version of potato (fries, baked, mashed), or meat and a veggie, but not both unless you want to pay extra. I paid $1 extra for mushroom and onion gravy, and while the onions were evident it was entertaining hunting for the mushrooms that were supposed to be in there. The Charloin itself resembled something like a hamburger patty that hadn’t been flattened – it was probably 3" in diameter and nearly as tall. Not quite the shape one is expecting for something like that. It was dry and relatively flavorless. The baked potato was not even warm enough to melt the (room temperature) butter I put on it, and my steamed broccoli was cold – not refrigerator cold, but room temperature, as though it had been left sitting on the plate for far too long before it ever got to me. There was literally no part of the meal that made me think I ever wanted to eat there again.

ecila photo

ecila

Alice, TX

BAD SERVICE

My dad turned 75 yesterday so we went to Kbobs in Calallen to have dinner…it was the worst experience I have ever had. We tried to make reservations in advance, they said we could not, we were told we could only call 30 min in advance. Did so, for a party of 19 with 2 highchairs…we were told there were no highchairs available and our table was only set for 15 ppl. Half of our party had to sit in a separate booth with the two toddlers sitting in thier lap the whole evening. We only had one waitress for the whole party, which was so upsetting because she could not handle the situation. My sister had to get up and get silverware for our table because when we asked for some, the waitress only brought us two sets. I myself had to get up a couple of times to ask for drinks because there was no one around. Then, the food comes out…my dads chicken fried steak came out in a form of a taco..cannot understand how a chicken fried steak could be cooked that way but it was..not to mention the horrible taste it had! My brother sent his steak back and ask for something else because steak was horrible. I then asked the waitress if we could have some rolls ( I asked more than once of course) finally when I asked for the third time, she told me it would be about 25 min before the rolls would be ready. We were already paying our tickets when the rolls came out! Sorry Dad for such a bad choice on your 75th birthday dinner. WE WILL NEVER GO BACKBAD SERVICE

Chicken Fried Steak

Was 80% of breaded crust and 20% of tough meat.

Rwphil photo

Rwphil

Do not go here!!

K bobs in Calallen is horrible, the service is bad unorganized and the food was worse. Do not waste your time or money….

vickihh photo

vickihh

Portland, TX

The new Portland K-Bob's

Hey all you Portland and surrounding area FaceBook fans, watch your bank really really carefully if you try out the new restaraunt in Portland called K Bobs. They charged my bill 3 times to my bank account. The food wasn’t worthy of the first bill, and definitely not worth triple the bill. Be careful…..

ironman2789 photo

ironman2789

Worst Experience

Going to the New K-Bobs location with a co-worker was supposed to be exciting and delicious like the old one used to be. After arriving the seating took quite a bit. Once we got our table the waitress gave us our menus and left. 5 mins later returned and took our drinks. another 10 mins go by and finally brought back our drinks (which mine was water and his was dr. pepper) and messed up twice on his drink. The first time brought him a sprite and then brought him a water. After placing our order and waiting for what seemed like forever, we finally got our food. I ordered the Chicken Fried Chicken, and when trying to cut it, the breading was over fried and was very very hard to cut. I only got to take one bite cause it was so hard. Not only that, but the chicken had no flavor. I asked the waitress to send it back to the kitchen and instead bring me the chicken fried Steak. Well after waiting again for a good while, i finally got my food. This one was over cooked as well, and again the breading was really really hard, it came off of the chicken fried steak in once piece!! After i let my waitress know a second time that the same problem happened with a different dish, she said she would try to talk to manager into not charging me for my food. When the manager arrived at our table i explained the situation. After half hearing the problem he interupted me and said that there was no way that it was over cooked or too hard. I told him that “I” was the one that was eating it, not him and that all i wanted was not to be charged for it. He said he would try to see if he could then walked away, never apologized, and ended up charging me for my food. No, i did NOT leave a tip, and No i will NOT go back. Worst Service EVER!!

Chicken Fried Chicken

Chicken Fried Chicken: Food was OVER cooked, no flavor in chicked, and breading was SUPER Hard that i could not cut it. Felt like a Crispy Cripsy piece of batter in my mouth

Chicken Fried Steak: Same Problems as the chicken, hard food, no flavor, and service (especially from the Manager) was TERRIBLE!!!

GetReal photo

GetReal

TOTAL NONSENSE - stay away from this place

What a nightmare. Two hours of my life I’ll never get back. First, the wait is INSANE. You can clearly see empty tables all around, yet they’re not seating all the crowded people crammed into the small “waiting area”. I don’t think it’s because there are enough waiters, its that they’re incompetent. Finally get seated, ordered our drinks after waitress finally appeared. I requested coffee and ice water. Ice water came after more than 5 mins. Coffee after 15. Food took even longer. SUPER SMALL PORTIONS. Flat, squished dinner rolls. More than an hr and half into this nightmare, the checks arrived. The waitress came back ONCE, and then added an 18% tip for herself on our tabs because there were 8 of COUNTING 2 BABIES!!!! The nerve!! I tried passing my credit card to her as soon as she brought the check but she was gone so fast and didn’t returned for another 5-10 mins. We felt like we were being held hostage! It was categorically terrible and a complete waste of our time and money. I felt for all the poor saps who were in the waiting area who were about to go thru what we just had. Avoid this restaurant like the plague.

Chicken Fried Steak

One side to this steak. I wish I knew who ate the other half of it. The portions were incredibly small and cold by the time we received our food.
Below where it asks for “more details”, the only reason I tipped 18% was because I was forced to. I’m sure with our waitress’ ONE trip to check on us and the 2 babies she counted as part of the “party”, she deserved it. <-Sarcasm

Dalsop photo

Dalsop

Refugio, TX

Unbelievably Bad

What a disappointment! Service was terrible. Our waiter was serving our table and acting as the bartender. People all around us, that arrived after us, received their food long before us. Yet the only explanation our waiter could give to us was that “a pork chop takes a long time to cook”. It took over 45 minutes for our food to arrive and when it did just more trouble and disappointment. My husband ordered a pork chop with garlic mashed potatoes loaded. I ordered catfish with fried okra and mashed potatoes with brown gravy. The waiter asked if I wanted cocktail sauce or tartar sauce. I replied both please. Our food arrives and my husband’s potatoes are plain and not loaded so we send them back to the kitchen. My catfish arrives but no okra. I had to once again ask for cocktail sauce and tartar sauce. The waiter returns in about ten minutes with my husband’s plate and the new mashed potatoes the kitchen sent out are cold and I mean not even room temperature. We sent them back to the kitchen for warming. The waiter still has no cocktail sauce or tartar sauce for me. He disappears again and shows back up with cocktail sauce only. I once again asked for tartar sauce. I proceed to eat my catfish with the cocktail sauce and it was rancid. About ten minutes pass and my tartar sauce arrives. By then, the meal was already ruined and the atmosphere in the restaurant was no longer even enjoyable. All of these problems and management is nowhere to be seen or heard from. You would think that the manager in charge would be monitoring the restaurant floor and address any problems that may occur. Nope, after once again waiting for our ticket for another 10-15 minutes, it arrives full fee as usual. My blood is boiling, what a disappoint! I realize things go wrong but this was a comedy of errors! Avoid K-Bob’s in Calallen, Texas at all costs until they get the problem fixed! Apparently, it has been an ongoing problem for some time by looking at the reviews! Beware people, it is not fixed yet!!!! Keep driving!!!!!

Pork Chop and Fried Catfish

Pork chop was decent. Mashed potatoes were cold and not loaded as ordered. Fried catfish was decent but okra was forgotten. We had to ask for cocktail sauce and tartar sauce three times! When it finally arrived, the cocktail sauce was rancid! Horrible experience!

GoddessTraci73 photo

GoddessTraci73

NEW MANAGEMENT!!!!

NEW MANAGEMENT AT K-BOB’S STEAKHOUSE in Calallen!!! Service standards are the best, The food is awesome and the staff are all friendly and smiling!!!! A must try place!!!

Perfume photo

Perfume

Pricey

Went to dine at Calallen Kbobs for the second time ,first time service was bad and portions small. Took us like 4 months to go back and give them another shot. BAD IDEA !!! This time the rolls were flat ,the food was alright,but when we got the tab it was near 100 bucks for 6 people even though one only ordered a baked potato. salad bar was 3.99 with meal and almost 9.00 as a meal ( a weak salad bar). This restaurant is not nearly as nice as Texas Roadhouse which would’ve been cheaper. What got us mad was that waitress included her tip on receipt. That should be left up to the table. So my suggestion just like anybody else in Calallen is to eat somewhere else and save your money. Here’s an idea advertise coupons and you just might get more clients. Sorry I won’t go back for a long long time. :(

Steakhouse Takeout Good For Kids

K-Bob's Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: K Bobs, Corpus Christi K Bobs Calallen Rules For Hostess, K Bobs Calallen Tx, K Bobs Corpus Christi, Bob's Steakhouse, K Bobs Corpus Christi, Kbobs Corpus Christi, and Kbobs Calallen.