4251 Main St
Flushing, NY 11355-4721

Kabul Kabob House Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Flushing
Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Asian, Catering

Kabul Kabob House Restaurant is a Middle Eastern, Asian, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $10 and $25.

Overall
Pros
"Food was great..service sucked. Servers were rude and didn't deserve a cent of tip "
  • 10/05/2014

A Middle Eastern food lover from Newark, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
  • 6/07/2013

A dining patron from Merrick, NY tried it and liked it.

PaulJ420 photo

PaulJ420

Elmhurst, NY

Bad experience

I would like share my unfortunate experience at this restaurant and hence the reason for the review. I have been visiting New York for about 8 to 10 years now and visit about twice a year on business. I usually stay at a hotel in Flushing. I have been visiting Kabul Kebab House each time and usually order take away food for one person almost daily for the one week that I stay in NY.

Recently I realised that my take away food did not have the side dish of vegetable salad which i realised after coming back to the hotel. (It has always been part of the take away package and had never been missed before in the 8-10 years that I had been there). So i called the restaurant back and enquired if the their menu policy had changed. However the person who packed my food (who later on claimed to be the owner and happened to be in the dispatch/kitchen area that evening) was very abrupt and did not want to listen to me and told me “Alright I am very busy and you were supposed to get the side dish” and hung up on me. Now, I was not really upset that i did not get the side dish but was upset more so by the response I had received.

I however accepted that he made a mistake and decided not to take it on. I went back this evening to order a single meal and met the same person (owner) in the grill section in the front. Since I am a visitor from another country I had a few quarters that I requested the “owner”, if I could get off of me as I was leaving the country soon. However he got annoyed and said that he was too busy to count quarters and more or less implied that there was no way it would happen and that I had to forego my meal. Now I am not sure if some one can refuse a customer just because they don’t want to count a few quarters. He then brought up the previous encounter which he remembered, about the side dish and suggested that I implied that he was dishonest. However as I stated before I was annoyed by the lack of concern to discuss a problem with a customer and not because I felt cheated.

He then suggested that he would offer the order (which worked out to USD 14.70) for 10 dollars but he didn’t want to count the quarters. Now, in my opinion no self respecting person would want to feel they they should not let an opportunity to pass by, and pay less for a meal. I am sure many of you would feel the same way too. I told him that I did not want to buy his food following this encounter and left and decided for the first time in the 8 to 10 years that I had been visiting here, will not go back ever again. All because of one person (who I met there for the first time) and has no regard for customer service. I am quite convinced that I was reasonable in my expectations and discussion with him and firmly believe that he would not spare a chance to to “let it fly” at some other customer at the slightest misunderstanding.

This review does take away from the fact that the food is good and the other employees in the restaurant are polite and reasonable.

The_Mistress photo

The_Mistress

New York, NY

Flushing, NY Serves Incredible Lamb--Kabul Kebab House

Flushing is usually known for its Chinese market but there are great Persian and Afghani cuisines. Kabul Kebab House does a great job of showcasing these flavors to everyone. The headliners are definitely the kebabs. The lamb kebab is usually dry in a lot of places but not so over here. It is tender and moist making you think differently about lamb altogether.

Have a small plate of badenjan buranee which holds tender slices of baked eggplant topped with yogurt and tomato sauce. There is also khoresht gheimhe, a lovely stew with beef, lemon and split peas in spicy tomato sauce.

This is a great place to bring your own beer and wine. However it’s a good experience to try a glass of dough, a light carbonated yogurt drink made in-house. Keep in mind that this place only takes cash so keep plenty on you when you make the stop over here. You will come here especially for the sweet homemade rosewater ice cream topped with sprinkling crushed pistachios. If that doesn’t sweeten the deal to visit Kabul Kebab House, then they are doing something wrong.

Middle Eastern Asian Catering

Kabul Kabob House Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Kabul Kabob House Restaurant is located near the cities of Malba, Beechhurst, Whitestone, College Point, and Bayside.
People found this by searching for: Kabul Kabab Menu, Kabul Kebab Flushing, Kabul Kabob Queens, Kabul Kabab Main Street, Kabul Garden Flushing, Kabul Kabab Flushing Menu, Kabul Kebab Flushing Menu, and Kabul Kabab Flushing.