Kali

Neighborhoods: Greater Wilshire
Cuisine: Californian, American (New)

• 7/22/2016

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/12/2016

Tulips500 tried it, liked it, and rated it . Tulips500 liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

Inventive, fun, delicious

I didn’t know what to expect, but I left thinking I wouldn’t mind returning to see what other new and creative items might be offered next time.

The food is California cuisine, and the limited menu offers a la carte or prix fixe ($65). The prix fixe items didn’t really catch my eye, so my girlfriend and I opted for a couple starter and main entree items. I think it was the right choice since it gave us more freedom to explore the menu (and after reading other people’s reviews of feeling hungry after the prix fixe, I’m even more so convinced it was the right decision).

The food is creative, fresh, and offers an interesting mix of flavors, subtle and rich, yet didn’t leave us feeling heavy. Beautifully plated.

The service was professional, maybe a little stuffy, but nothing worth missing the food out for.

The interior is minimalist modern, yet casual and elegant with a bar area as well.

Overall, a pleasant dining experience in a beautiful, intimate setting.

CAVATELLI PASTA arugula  / creme fraiche / local peppercorn at Kali

CAVATELLI PASTA arugula / creme fraiche / local peppercorn

Al dente perfection.

YELLOWTAIL & UNI radish / tomato / lemon at Kali

YELLOWTAIL & UNI radish / tomato / lemon

Refreshing, light, summery.

BLACK COD peas / mint / almond / white chocolate at Kali

BLACK COD peas / mint / almond / white chocolate

Really enjoyed the nutty mix plated with the cod.

DUCK BREAST carrots / honey / lavender at Kali

DUCK BREAST carrots / honey / lavender

Generous portions of duck.

MERINGUE GELATO candied yolk shavings

I love a good dessert, and this— although at first glance looked underwhelming— once the candied yolk was shredded…heaven!

Californian Hollywood OpenTable

Kali  Restaurant Reviews

Kali is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.