1617 Washington Plz
Reston, VA 20190

Kalypso's Sports Tavern

Cuisine: Greek, Catering, Lunch

Cons
"horrible service - shady clientelle"
  • 5/24/2017

A diner from Washington, DC tried it and didn't like it. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
    horrible service - shady clientelle
GastroEclectico photo

GastroEclectico

Phoenix, AZ

Next time at Lake Ann, we’re going next door to Jasmin's!

I unfortunately must agree with the majority of the reviews on Yelp and Urbanspoon about this place being lousy overall are not unfounded. We never checked these before going as we were attending NoVA Magazines BBQ Brawl event there at Lake Anne and after the tastings decided to get off our feet, cool off under their umbrellas and have an early evening meal… big mistake. We only chose Kalypso, because the only other place, Jasmine Café I had already tried and liked – coulda’ shoulda’ gone there! Despite the fact that what we selected for drinks cannot be screwed up, I was wrong as I could attest with my tepid $5.50 Blue Moon Draft, the watered down and lackluster rail vodka Cosmos, down to insipid Margaritas at $6.50 each weren’t worth half the price. The Calamari Appetizer, Spanikopita and Grilled Haloumi we ordered were at best mediocre and nothing to write home about, the clincher for us was being served by Emmy which ended up feeling like teeth being pulled, constantly reminding her of requested water multiple times and lack of attention overall – seemed like she was on a cloud! Their quickest response of the day was picking up our payment for the check! Just plain Sucky service! I guess when you’re the second only joint there, taking advantage of second or third rate service is the way to go. Unfortunately, they’ve lost 4 future spenders… next time, we’re going next door!

Greek Takeout Outdoor seating

Kalypso's Sports Tavern  Restaurant Reviews

Kalypso's Sports Tavern is located near the cities of Hunter Mill, Herndon, and Great Falls.
People found this by searching for: Kalypso Restaurant Reston Va, Kalypso's Sport Tavern Menu, Kalypso's Sports Tavern Menu, Kalypso's Sports Tavern, Jameel Kalypsos, Kalypso's Reviews, Kalypso Sport Tarvern, Kalypso Sports Tavern, and Kalypso's Sports Tavern Reston Va.