Kaminari

Cuisine: Japanese, Catering, Lunch

Overall
Pros
"Used to be amazing. Great menu and service."
Cons
"New owners and it went down hill. Last time we went (about 8:30 on a Friday night) hostess said they had run out of rice and weren't seating anymore customers. Really?!"
  • 10/11/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Used to be amazing. Great menu and service.
    Cons
  • 1/04/2014

A Japanese chowhound from Crystal Lake, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/20/2013

A Japanese food lover from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it.

• 7/02/2013

A Japanese food lover from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 4/24/2013

A dining patron from Lake Villa, IL tried it and liked it.

• 4/20/2013

A diner from US tried it and liked it.

• 4/06/2013

A diner from Cary, IL tried it and liked it.

August 3, 2011

What Happened???

This used to be my favorite sushi restaurant in the world. I'd tell my friends I've had sushi in Manhattan, San Fransciso and Chicago and this little place in LITH beats them all. Not anymore. Don't know if they changed management or…
December 17, 2010

seriously exceptional

Yep, you will notice the dingy looking strip mall but as others have said you have nothing to fear! The first time I dined here I was suspicious of the low/romantic lighting. Why don't they want me to see my food? Being from Chicago I…
March 25, 2009

Chic Sushi Restaurant with the Freshest Fish.

Ok. This small restaurant hidden in a mall is the real deal. \r The music and the vibe of the restaurant is very modern and hip. The booths are good for a romantic dinners, but i personally like to seat at a bar carrying a conversation…

8/26/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Saint Paul, MN tried Lilly Garden.

8/12/2017

A dining patron from Carpentersville, IL tried Steak 'n Shake, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
We waited over an hour for our food. They said they lost the order. They didn't even give us cutlery, water or napkins. So many customers ers came and we're served before us. We complained and got excuses. Even customers stopped by our booth and sai
8/04/2017

A dining patron from US tried D M Prime Burgers, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/03/2017

A diner from Huntley, IL tried Lilly Garden, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/27/2017

A dining patron from Algonquin, IL tried Moretti's Ristorante and Pizzeria and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

6/10/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Lake In The Hills, IL tried Lilly Garden.

6/10/2017

A diner from Crystal Lake, IL tried D M Prime Burgers, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/22/2017

A diner from Crystal Lake, IL tried Lilly Garden, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

3/24/2017

An Italian chowhound from Dundee, IL tried Moretti's Ristorante and Pizzeria.

9/18/2016

A Pizza food lover from Chicago, IL tried Little Caesars.

Japanese Catering Dinner
Tips
  • For privacy and romance, request one of the wood-framed, dimly lit booths in the rear.
  • Swanky cocktails include an Asian pear martini (sake and fresh pear juice), while kids can check out Ramune Japanese soda with a fun bubble in the bottle.
Mon 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Tue-Thu 11:30AM - 02:30PM
Tue-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Fri 11:30AM - 02:30PM
Fri 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Sat 05:00PM - 11:00PM

Kaminari  Restaurant Reviews

Kaminari is located near the cities of Algonquin and Village Of Lakewood.
People found this by searching for: Kaminari Steak House Lith, Kaminari Menu, Kaminari Algonquin, Kaminari Sushi Lake In The Hills, Kaminari Sushi Lake In The Hills Menu, Kaminari Lake In The Hills, and Kaminari Algonquin Menu.