920 71st Street

Katana

Neighborhoods: Normandy Isles
Cuisine: Japanese, Cafe, American

Overall
Pros
"Best sushi in Miami hands down! "
Cons
"Filthy restrooms, seating area is smaller than a walk-in closet and if you sit at the last seat, you are only getting what everyone else didn't. Great concept with the boats at lunchtime, but dinner........."
  • 2/28/2015

A Japanese food lover from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Best sushi in Miami hands down!
  • 12/19/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/27/2014

A Japanese food lover from Miami, FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 11/30/2013

A Japanese chowhound from Miami Beach, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/07/2013

A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
  • 8/02/2013

A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it and liked it.

• 8/02/2013

A Japanese chowhound from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 7/07/2013

A diner from Kissimmee, FL tried it.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!

We have been to this place a couple of times before, the food is not that great but acceptable for the price, I guess you get what you pay for. Service has always been horrible but the last time it really went too far, there is this server whom says to be the owner that seats people, after waiting for an hour standing up with my pregnant wife and my 6 year old girl my wife ask the sever to seat us at bar where there was two open seat and ask him to place an extra seat behind us for my little girl being that the open tables were supposedly for reservation, I don’t how when I call the day before and they told me they do not take reservations. This gentlemen who said to be the owner/server began to screen at my wife and my little girl telling them that he was not going to put an extra chair there “you want me to stand everybody up and move them, well too bad honey I’m not going to do that” those were his words when all she asked was to put an extra seat behind us so it wouldn’t bother anybody at the bar. After seeing this gentlemen yield at my wife and girl I told him he was rude; he began screaming at me and said “oh yeah oh yeah I’m rude well get out of here, go home I don’t need you” He scream at me several times even across the room to go home I’m front of the customers embarrassing me and my family so I finally had to leave hungry and angry with my pregnant wife and kid after waiting for an hour. But I guess that what goes around comes back around, little does he know that I also have a restaurant in downtown Hollywood and I know all regulations to run a restaurant, this place was disgusting and full of grease everywhere, they had a bowl of soup cooking by the bathrooms were debris from the nasty ceiling was falling on top of it and I got it all on video, but that’s nothing new according to DBPR they have several food violations and warnings in occasions over 30 violations, I don’t how they haven’t shut them down, to see their violations go to this link http://data.tallahassee.com/restaurant-inspections/dade/katana-rest/sea2324211/2167273/
The video will be sent to the division of Hotels and Restaurant (DBPR) in Tallahassee which enforces restaurant sanity.

navigator photo

navigator

Miami, FL

sushilicius!

Floating Wooden boats on a conveyor belt sailing around filled with delicious sushi as the chef prepares it right in front of your eyes. Each plate had a different price and as you stack them, that is your bill. By all means this is not a fine dining experience, definitely a local spot, always a wait since is very good. Perfect for a casual night with friends and good food.

luciluci photo

luciluci

Miami, FL

AWESOME!!!

GOT TO LOVE THE BOATS AND THE SUSHI, SPECIALLY THE CHEESECAKE YUMMMM!!!

8/17/2019

A Deli food lover from Fremont, CA tried Portofino Gourmet Deli Market in South Pointe, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Location
7/07/2019

A dining patron from Fort Lauderdale, FL tried Prima Donna Cafe' in North Shores, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/21/2019

A Thai food lover from Miami Beach, FL tried NaiYaRa in Bayshore.

5/19/2019

A diner from US tried Penrod’s Complex (CLOSED) in South Pointe.

5/13/2019

A diner from Santa Rosa, CA tried Lum's Restaurant in Oceanfront.

5/07/2019

A French chowhound from Thomson, GA tried Les Deux Fontaines (CLOSED) in Flamingo / Lummus, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
food and service
4/23/2019

A dining patron from Roslyn, NY tried Ocean Five Bistro in South Pointe.

4/16/2019

A Seafood food lover from Deltona, FL tried Joe's Stone Crab in South Pointe.

3/10/2019

A diner from Huntington, WV tried Wolfie's (CLOSED) in City Center.

2/19/2019

A diner from Navarre, FL tried Wolfie's (CLOSED) in City Center and liked it.

Japanese Dinner Parking

Katana  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Sushi Normandy Miami, Katana Restaurant Normandy Isle, Katana Miami Beach, Katana Miami, Katanas Miami, Katana Miami Menu, Catana Mia Beach, and Manykatana Maimy.