Kimera Restaurant Lounge

Neighborhoods: Irvine Business Complex
Cuisine: Global, Vegan, Contemporary

Kimera Restaurant Lounge is a Global, Vegan, and Contemporary restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

No Rating
jmix photo

jmix

Irvine, CA

One of those dim classy restaurants

Back again from a food reviewing hiatus to review this place. I had Kimera two years ago with my friends, but didn’t really get to experience what they had since the majority of our group was 21+ and i was just a little kid tagging along. I have the feeling the management can really turn this joint into a nightclub on weekend nights for some extra revenue.

Anyway, I digress. First thing to notice is that Kimera is tucked away in a little business park, and parking requires validation (very important!). First time i went i balked at the $14 parking fee for the parking structure, but this time around I went in with my girl friend and confidently got my ticket validated like a pro. Not to mention it made me look so damn suave. I digress again.

I had made reservations at 8, but they made me wait until like 8:10 before finally seating us. This was my first flag about the service that was about to come. (If you are a constant reader of my reviews, you will probably notice that I rate heavily on service. As Mr. Pink had said in the classic “Reservoir Dogs”, why tip if the godamned waiters are just doing their job? I rarely go above 12% if my water is never filled, my food is slow, takes forever to order, etc. 12% is very generous for me when i feel like the service is crappy).

Finally, we get seated and takes us about 5 minutes to decide on the Swordfish, Chicken sausage pasta, and a bacon cheeseburger. Waiter didn’t come for at least 10 minutes. WTF! Come on it wasn’t even that crowded. He finally takes our order, and we wait another 15-20 minutes for our food to come while commenting on the MJ, Frank Sinatra, and Marilyn Monroe paintings on the wall. I have to admit the ambience and layout was very good, which is preventing me from giving this place a bad rating.

Food: Swordfish in risotto: Not bad, fish was good, risotto was good…. costed about 24.95 i believe. Fish was grilled to a soft tender texture and garnished with an intruiging tasting sauce (No, i don’t know what it is. but i shall ask next time).

Chicken Sausage pasta: Average portion, was decent. lots of red bell peppers. Dunno what else to say about it, since i didn’t eat much of it as I was full from my Bacon Cheezburger. $14 something.

Bacon Cheeseburger: I ordered this cos the old man next to me was having it. It was HUGE!!! came with a side order of fries too. I barely finished it. Getting the Chicken pasta was a mistake since me and my girl friend coudln’t finish all three plates. Price was around $12.95 i believe.

When the bill finally came, the fat bastard of a server forced us a 18% tip!! Motherfucker never re-filled my water and had the nerve to charge us 18%.

I would like to mention that apart from the eating area, there is also a bar. I am not sure about the happy hour prices there as I have never ordered anything from there. However, if you do decide to come to Kimera for an eat, come on MONDAY NIGHTS for their 50% off the menu. Don’t forget to mention it while booking reservations.

ADDITION edit
Came here with a small group of 21+ friends on a Friday night. Got outside lunge seating, which was totally not expected. Happy hour == $5 drinks and appetizers @ bar side. Don’t know if it was just today, but they seem to put their drinks on the strong side. Also don’t know if it was just that day, but they had an in-house DJ that played some really nice remixed contemporary music. Service was good and prompt, so I am going to add an extra star. for now.

March 10, 2011

Beautiful!

The food is wonderful here, but its the atmosphere that really takes the cake. The layout is splendid and the ambiance is so relaxing.
May 14, 2009

Very nice

The atmosphere at Kimera is really nice ... a nice place for a date night. The food was really good & the service staff very helpful & friendly without being over-bearing. Kimera is a little pricy, but worth it for a special occasion.

10/03/2017

A dining patron from US tried HiroNori Craft Ramen, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Cons
Nothing
Comments
Enjoy it's the best
9/21/2017

A dining patron from Irvine, CA tried Outback Steakhouse in Westpark and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/30/2017

A Szechuan chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Chong Qing Mei Wei Szechuan Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/24/2017

A Korean chowhound from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA tried Yigah Restaurant, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
Rude staff
8/09/2017

A Fast Food food lover from Irvine, CA tried Arby's in Irvine Business Complex and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

8/09/2017

A Mexican food lover from Santa Ana, CA tried Javier's Cantina & Grill in Irvine Center.

7/23/2017

A diner from Yorba Linda, CA tried Il Fornaio in Irvine Business Complex.

7/07/2017

A Szechuan food lover from Irvine, CA tried Chong Qing Mei Wei Szechuan Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/01/2017

A dining patron from Irvine, CA tried Dear Chengdu, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Knowledge on ingredients
Cons
Long wait
Comments
Go early. 1 dish enough for 2 persons avg appetite
6/24/2017

A Cafe chowhound from Mission Viejo, CA tried Class 302 in University Park, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Global Takeout Vegan
Tips
  • Happy hour takes place Monday-Friday from 3pm to 7pm and on Saturdays from 5pm to 7pm.
  • Beat the Monday blues: Kimera's Monday Night Special offers 50% off all food in the dining room.

Kimera Restaurant Lounge  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Kimera Pics, Kimera, Monday Nights, Kimera Tripadvisor, Kimera Restaurant, Kimera, Irvine, Dj, Kimera Irvine Parking, Kimera Menu, and Kimera Irvine Drinks.