400 Florida Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001-1821

Kochix

(Near the intersection of Florida Ave NW and 4th St NW)

Neighborhoods: Logan Circle - Shaw
Cuisine: Wings, Seafood, American

Kochix is a Wings, Seafood, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

Pros
"4.5 experience....takeout oriented but there are a few (and I mean like 3) seats to eat in. Much better than bonchon and more flavorful through to the bone. Bonchon is decent but I'd always take KoChix over there. My full review on Yelp is much more tho"
Cons
"I guess the candy-coated type skin is more of a BonChon signature. KoChix is crispy but juicy but not quite candied (sauced) like BonChon's."
Comments
"Run don't walk to this place. Their Hot Honey Spicy is amazing."
  • 8/30/2015

Ecfromdc tried it, liked it, and rated it . Ecfromdc liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    Comments
    Run don't walk to this place. Their Hot Honey Spicy is amazing.
ECfromDC photo

ECfromDC

Washington, DC

Super duper YUMMY!

i want to give like a 4.5 maye 4.75 lol because my only other Korean Fried Chicken experience was BonChon Arlington (do plan to try Bonchon in Navy Yard one of these days and Room 11’s Korean Fried Chicken) but I’ll gladly round up in this case. I took a friend who has never had Korean Fried Chicken at all. Not much space for inside dining with a counter space that has 3 seats. It’s definitely a takeout (or get it delivered if within range type of place). The lady taking the orders at the cash register looked a little surprised me and my friend wanted to eat there….guess it doesn’t happen much at all.

I like this place MUCH better than Bonchon and my friend doesn’t want to try any other place KoChix sold her so well. The wings are about the same size as Bonchon but their drunksticks are a bit smaller. The chicken at KoChix is far more flavorful through to the bone but that’s probably because the skin while fried well is not as candycoated as Bonchon (skin of the chicken at Bonchon is yummy but the chicken on the inside is bland…meh).

The chicken is very crispy but juicy and the flavor is amazing. My friend and I literally went mmmm while waiting our food so much that we lost count. The Hot Honey Spicy oh my god….it’s everything I hoped for and the Soy Garlic was delicious too. I wish they’d get another location over in SE or SW. That would be amazing.

Bulgogi Bap was really good (I try not to eat much red meat tho). Their fries are pretty decent too. I did not get to take pics of my 7W4D 1/2 Hot Honey Spicy 1/2 Soy Garlic (my friend took pics but hasn’t sent them yet). But if you like Bonchon pllllleeeeaaassseee do yourself a favor a try this place out too. This place definitely has a repeat customer out of me. I gave the lady at the cash register a ‘room hug’ as me and my friend were on the way out …. could not have left happier or more full.

7W4D half-half hot honey spicy/soy garlic

Star of the show…..so good.

KFC Takeout Good For Kids

Kochix  Restaurant Reviews

Kochix is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: Kochix Menue.