10 Rue Sherbrooke W
Montreal Metro Area, QC H2X 1P3

Koko

(Between Rue Clark and Rue Sherbrooke E/Boulevard St-Laurent)

Neighborhoods: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Cuisine: Asian, Contemporary French, Hotel

Koko is a Asian, Contemporary French, and Hotel restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

finger food

This is an elegant-looking establishment in the Opus Hotel. I have been here twice recently, both times not for a traditional restaurant meal. All we had here were appetizers. The first visit was in the main space featuring a high ceiling, a life-size horse statue, and a tented terrasse. The second visit was in a smaller room with black curtains, suggestive black & white artwork on the ceiling, and plenty of air conditioning.

In both cases, appetizers were passed by waitstaff — except for the salmon tartare which was placed on tables to help ourselves. The food was polished off in quite short order — I even hurried after one waiter to get a nibble for myself.

On my second visit, I found my rum & cranberry disappointing. Although I watched it being made, and it was mixed as half rum half (warm) cranberry juice, I found it quite watered down and not tasting of alcohol at all.

salmon tartare

The salmon was diced finely and served with round of toasted French bread. The flavor was quite mild. Several slices of bread had large holes and I wondered whether the tartare would stay on the bread.

goat cheese flatbread

ham and tomato flatbread

This one was on the salty side.

duck spring roll

The finger-sized spring rolls were piping hot, very crispy, and not greasy — even the one I carried home in a paper bag. They were served with a very runny sauce which I did not try.

tomato-cheese kebab

Cherry tomatoes and small boccocini were halved and threaded onto a skewer, with a little sprinkle of herbs. These were served at room temperature, they were colorful but needed more flavor.

meatball sub

Halved meatballs were tucked into a soft bun and drowned in tomato sauce. I found this one messy to eat.

date wrapped in bacon

The large date was stuffed with white cheese, wrapped in bacon, and secured with a toothpick. The appetizer was very soft and very good.

Asian Reservations Casual Elegant

Koko  Restaurant Reviews

Koko is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Le Koko Cuisine, H2x Toothpicks, and Koko Lounge St Laurent Fashion Show.