4914 Greenville Ave
Dallas, TX 75206-4004

Kosta's Cafe

Neighborhoods: Northeast Dallas/ White Rock
Cuisine: Greek, Wine Bar, Lunch

Kosta's Cafe is a Greek, Wine Bar, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

sllazenby photo

sllazenby

Dallas, TX

It's all Greek and delicious

My husband and I went to Kostas Cafe for our first date over 15 years ago and it has not changed a bit. In the evenings it is an elegant, candlelit dining experience. For lunch it is an inexpensive treat for a business lunch or for the whole family. We go all the time with our 7-year-old son and he loves the food. There is an excellent variety of appetizers, soups and salads as well as a wide-array of entrees. Lunch for the three of us almost always comes in around $20 to $25 plus tax and tip.

Dinner portions are a little more expensive and we usually order a glass or two of wine, so normally dinner for two runs us about $40 plus tax and tip.

Everything I’ve ever had on their menu is absolutely delicious. They have a nice, but small wine selection including several Greek options in both reds and whites. The wait staff is very attentive without being smothering. We have never had bad service at Kostas Cafe.

We have always gone to the original restaurant on Greenville Avenue, but they now have two other locations which are both in Plano.

Tzatziki

We always start with the Tzatziki. It is a flavorfull yogurt cucumber dip served with fresh warm pita bread. I don’t even like cucumbers and yet I love this dip. It is very creamy with a hint of garlic, a sprinkle of olive oil and several kalamata olives for garnish. This is appetizer is just right, not to heavy (unless you over do it on the pita bread).

Avegolemono

This is soup is $2.95 for a cup if ordered on its own, but is included with the entrees (you have the option of soup or salad). This is a very creamy soup even though there isn’t any dairy in the soup. It is made of eggs, lemon juice and a little rice. It is slightly tangy from the lemon juice, but not overly tart. It just isn’t a trip to Kostas if I don’t get the Avegolemono soup.

Gyro Plate

The Gyro meat is very tender. The pita is handmade, fresh and warm. It is served with your choice of vegetable, rice and cup of soup or small salad. I can never resist their Greek potatoes which are cooked in a lemon butter sauce. You can also get it as a Gyro sandwich without the sides and starter for $6.95. I usually get the plate and share with my son.

Spanokapita Plate

This is my husband’s favorite dish. He almost always gets this. Again it is served with a veggie of your choice, rice and soup or salad. The spanokapita here is out of this world. The feta and spinach meld well together and the phyllo dough is cooked to perfection and very flaky. I always have to steal a few bites from my husband. Even my son loves this and he hates cooked spinach.

Greek Beer Bar Wine Bar

Kosta's Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Kosta's Cafe is located near the cities of Northeast, Oak Cliff, Northeast Dallas White Rock, Cockrell Hill, and Minneapolis.
People found this by searching for: "Kosta's" And "Dallas", Greek Gyros Dallas 75206, Avego Lemono, Kostas Cafe Date, Kostas White Rock, Kostas Acfe, Dallas, Menu, Avego Lemon Soup, and Avego Lemone Greek Soup.