Kowloon Restaurant

Neighborhoods: West Downtown Dearborn
Cuisine: Chinese, American

Kowloon Restaurant is a Chinese and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and tipped more than 18%.

Foodie4Life30 photo

Foodie4Life30

Dearborn, MI

Gooing down, down, down...

I used to come to this restaurant with my parents when I was a young child all the way through high school. I stopped going at one point because I found a staple in my take out, which I never told the restaurant about, I just stopped going. Five years later, I tried it once more because it used to be one of the best Chinese restaurants I knew. The food was awesome and so was the service!! So, I started going back again and I brought many friends and family. Since the original owner died, Kowloon’s has been going down hill ever since. I recently dined there with a friend and ordered my normal meal (sweet and sour chicken) and an appetizer (crab ragoon) which is one of my all time favorites. The appetizer was less than good. It had a runny filling and the taste was not what I’m used to. I chalked it up to a cook that messed up and said nothing about it to the server, who was impeccable by the way!! The soup I received with the dinner tasted pretty decent, I normally get Wonton soup but I changed it to chicken and rice this time. After about 15 minutes my dinner arrived. I always start with adding a bit of plum sauce to the rice to make it a little sweeter, when I took a bite of the rice I immediately took my napkin to my mouth and let my napkin taste it. It was horribly burnt. At this point, I let my server know about the rice. She said, “It was just made, It’s a brand new pot. I’ll get you a new bowl.” Awesome service from my server. I said thank you and 2 minutes later received more rice. I took a bite of it. It was the same rice from the same pot. At this point, I lost my appetite and said this is really burnt. She said she would get the manager, who refused to come to the table. I went to the manager, who was very arrogant and rude and told me, “It isn’t burnt. I’ve been eating it all day.” I politely said, “Did you taste this new pot? It seems as though maybe the bottom of the pot burned and you can taste it through the rice. I cannot eat this.” Manager, “Well, you have to pay for it anyway because the other food is just fine.” Me, “I will pay for the soup and the crab ragoon, because I ate those, but I will not pay for what I have not eaten.” She had such a bad attitude, she tried insulting me, and come to find out when I asked for her supervisor, she claimed to be the owner. Is this how an owner of a business acts towards a long time customer? An all around BAD experience and I will not be going back. Not to mention it was dirty and very few customers in a restaurant that used to be full.

201. Sweet and Sour Chicken

Down right despicable. However, I tipped the server just because it wasn’t her fault the way the “owner” acted with no remorse of a long time customer’s complaint or how the meal was prepared. I will never dine here again.

February 27, 2016

I have no complaints about Kowloons. I hope to go this summer when I return to Michigan. My mother worked there and met my dad when he was a customer many years ago. Moms name is Mary Angel :D Tennessee has awful Chinese food in my area!
April 21, 2010

Not like I remembered

My family used to be regulars at Kowloon. I recently had a chance to go back after maybe 20 years and was surprised at how bad it was. The first clue should have been the large amount of mold on the outside windows which I didn't notice…

Chinese American Good For Kids

Kowloon Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 4/26/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/18/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.

Kowloon Restaurant is located near the cities of Melvindale and Pompano Beach.
People found this by searching for: Kowloon Chinese Restaurant Menu Dearborn Mi., Receipes From Kowloon Restaurant In Dearborn Michigan, Kowloon Restaurant Bangkok, Kowloon's Dearborn, Kowloon's Menu, Kowloon Chinese Restaurant Dearborn Mi, Kowloon Restaurant Dearborn Mi Menu, Kowloon Restaurant Dearborn, and Kowloon West Avenue Restautrant Menu.