1608 N 45th St
Seattle, WA 98103-6702

Kozue Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Wallingford
Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi, Lunch

Kozue Restaurant is a Japanese, Sushi, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 12/18/2015

A Japanese chowhound from CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

LittleJu photo

LittleJu

Family-style Japanese

Kozue is a good Japanese spot in Wallingford area. Whenever thinking of Japanese cuisine, I either associate it with old-style like Kiku or modern-style like Ginza. The other two in the neighborhood just look off — Rain sounds too modern, while Musashi was too casual, more like a teriyaki place, besides not neat enough for dine-in.

At Kozue, food is homey and price is reasonable. It’s hard to get prompt seat since the space is so limited, but they will always accommodate you as soon as they can. Once seated, tea is always filled up and order is fast taken.

So if u a up to Wallingford and Japanese food, come kozue only, it wont disappoint you.

Tempura Calamari

It’s very very big and up to 8 pieces. It comes as a stick but not ring-shape. They will ask you which style you want, tempura or katsu (breaded). I would recommend Tempura style since i love the broth:)

Bento Box with beef

3 sushi roll, tempura, teriyaki beef, salad, and rice. Good, just not too special.

Black Cod Hot Pot

It’s okay taste with little black cod and clam. I would recommend them get a heater under hot pot, cos it’s so fast to get it cool.

jwbnyc photo

jwbnyc

Friendly Sushi in Wallingford

We went out to indulge ourselves in a sushi feast. It was Friday evening, so the restaurant was pretty packed and we took the seats at the sushi bar. The server was terrifically sweet and was careful to be sure that she had all of our happy-hour orders taken while the offer was good.

The really fun part of the meal was the sushi chef. Once he found out that I like uni, he decided he’d have fun with me. That night, they had live uni – a new delicacy to me. He offered to let me have the sea urchin whole – I could have a hammer and chisel to open it. I declined that option, but everyone was intrigued at the presentation: a huge urchin shell with 2-inch needles inverted on my plate with the uni inside.

The quality of all the other items we ordered (I can’t claim to remember everything) was really good.

I could become a regular here. I wouldn’t recommend it for a date, though. One other point is that you can get a filling of good, freshly prepared food at a very good price.

The happy hour that runs until 6:30 offers a large variety of appetizers and reduced prices on sake, wine and bear.

Albacore with Pico

Like a sashimi dish, only with sauce and garnishes. Very tasty.

Pan fried gyoza

Theses dumplings are not as good as many of the better Asian restaurants in Seattle. They might have been store-bought.

Tempura de Broccolli

Tasty batter-fried vegetables.

Live Uni

Gotta give a 5 for presentation. Extra points also for having a unique delicacy that I’ve never encountered even in the pricey Washington DC and NYC sushi restaurants. Not a dish for sushi novices. Only the extremely adventurous will get joy from this.

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

nice find in Wallingford

A nice cozy little restaurant located in Wallingford on 45th. You probably won’t hear about this place except by word of mouth. It’s located in a building that looks like a little house. They have a good number of items on the menu – though I highly recommend the yosenabe. Delicious and reasonably priced!

yosenabe

perfect for a cold winter’s day

offby1 photo

offby1

Seattle, WA

I'm ignorant but I like it anyway

I have never had sushi I didn’t like, which just goes to show that I’m not discriminating. Nevertheless, I like this place; it’s quick, cheap, and good.

Unagi

I just always like unagi, so …

JRoad photo

JRoad

Everett, WA

Mexican Sushi . ?

This place worst sushi place I had sushi im my Life ..
I try this place for sushi not a Taco Bell ….
DO they know how to make sushi ,, ?
Def I goto Ishian Japanese restaurant.
Never Going Back EEK
Sushi Quality … ? They killing Bring down sashimi Quality to Getto @!

Japanese Sushi Wallingford

Kozue Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Kozue Restaurant is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Kozue Menu, Koze Menu In Wallingford, Kozue Wallingford, Kozue Happy Hour Menu, Kozue Sushi Wallingford, Kozue Sushi Wallingford Menu, and Kozue Sushi Menu.