463 S California Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94306

La Bodeguita del Medio

Neighborhoods: Evergreen Park
Cuisine: Caribbean, Lunch, Southern

La Bodeguita del Medio is a Caribbean, Lunch, and Southern restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

shaomai photo

shaomai

San Jose, CA

Amazing food, great atmosphere!

I was pretty ambivalent about Cuban food until I came to this place. I LOVE La Bodeguita. It’s a nice compromise of great food and great atmosphere — great decor, a huge bar area, and not totally yuppie like a lot of other Palo Alto restaurants. They even had someone playing live Spanish guitar one Friday night I was there, which I thought was a great touch.

My personal favorite dish here is the Tierra Y Mar – the Cuban surf and turf. The skirt steak is perfectly tender, the mashed potatoes are flavorful, and the coconut encrusted prawns are great. I am also a big fan of their yuca and plantain chips and croquettes. The oyster shooters are tasty – but be forewarned, they really are spicy! The rum marinated prawns were fantastic as well, though I was probably a bigger fan of the boniato mash and roasted corn that accompany the prawns than the prawns themselves.

The only negative thing I have to say about this restaurant is that both times I’ve gone, we’ve had reservations and still had to wait at least half an hour. However, the service was friendly and the bar area is so large, there’s usually enough room to take a seat and have a drink while you’re waiting for your table.

Overall, this is one of my favorite restaurants to go to for a night out with friends.

Tierra Y Mar

marinated skirt steak, coconut crusted tiger prawns, saffron mashed potatoes, avocado-cilantro pesto. I could probably eat this every time!

Yuca and Plantain Chips

Served with black bean salsa, it’s a pretty hefty portion for $5.50. However, it’s so good I never feel like I have enough!

Channing photo

Channing

San Francisco, CA

This is a fun fun place to go if you're in a group. The ...

This is a fun fun place to go if you’re in a group. The food is pretty good, but like other spanish influenced places, can have a consistency problem (mainly with their paella). Most of the times I’ve gone it’s been pretty good. You should of course try out their mohitos since this is a Cuban restaurant.

Caribbean Parking Outdoor seating
Mon-Thu 11:30AM - 02:00PM
Mon-Thu 05:00PM - 09:30PM
Fri 11:30AM - 02:00PM
Fri 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Sat 05:00PM - 10:00PM

La Bodeguita del Medio  Restaurant Reviews

La Bodeguita del Medio is located near the cities of East Palo Alto, Santa Clara County, Stanford, Menlo Park, and Mountain.
People found this by searching for: La Bodeguita Del Medio Palo Alto, La Bodeguita Del Medio, Del Medio Park, Bodeguita, La Bodeguita Del Medio Palo Alto Ca, Is La Bodeguita Del Medio In Palo Alto In A Nice Area, La Bodeguita Del Medio, Palo Alto, Cuban Food East Palo Alto, and Restaurants Palo Alto Menlo Park Areas Cuban.