La Carreta

Cuisine: Mexican, Latin American, American

La Carreta is a Mexican, Latin American, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Super fast service, large portions, friendly service and good comfort food."
" Great Food, nice waiters, an all around good place."
"Large serving and great cheese sauce "
"The food is good and cheap however the service is TERRIBLE my waitor was actually bragging about how shit faced she was..."
"Great people, great atmosphere, fast service, & the food taste excellent. "
Cons
"Could use new seating for booths in bar."
"Every once in a while the food takes a little while, but that might just be my complex ordering."
"Go late in the evening. always crowed early."
Comments
"Seafood is fresh and good portions"
  • 8/30/2017

A Mexican food lover from Charleston, SC tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Super fast service, large portions, friendly service and good comfort food.
    Cons
    Could use new seating for booths in bar.
  • 6/08/2017

A Mexican chowhound from Charleston, SC tried it.

• 9/14/2016

Madeline04978 tried it.

• 9/14/2016

A diner from SC tried it.

• 7/29/2016

A diner from Charleston, SC tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great Food, nice waiters, an all around good place.
  • 12/03/2015

A diner from Johns Island, SC tried it.

• 10/06/2015

A diner from Charleston, SC tried it.

• 3/03/2015

A Mexican food lover from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Large serving and great cheese sauce
    Cons
    Go late in the evening. always crowed early.
    Comments
    Seafood is fresh and good portions
  • 5/05/2015

A Mexican food lover from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 11/21/2014

A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it.

madeline04978 photo

madeline04978

Charleston, SC

Worst Service Ever

I have never gone to such an awful establishment. The waitress was unbelievably rude. I am a waitress so I would never be rude, and I always tip well. We got a pitcher of margaritas, which our waitress left sitting on the bar counter to melt while she flirted with a man at the bar. After she brought the drinks she asked me to hurry up and order my food!!!!! The food was shitty, but that is to be expected at a cheap tex mex restaurant. The margaritas looked like Ice coffee, and our waitress was too lazy to even get us the glasses they normally serve them in.

I defended her to my friends saying how I know you can have a bad night, and I went out of my way to be nice to our waitress. As the night went on, without being checked on and with major attitude if I got up and walked over to ask her for help, I realized not only her, but none of the wait staff gave a crap about the customers, the manager in particular.

After waiting 45 minutes for our checks, that she at first tried to say she could not split, I mentioned to the manager how rude she had been the whole night. A few minutes later a different waitress ran outside screaming at me and my friends calling us bitches and threatening us if we ever came back to “her” restaurant. We tipped well, we were polite, it was uncalled for.

Do not go here. Food sucks. Service is worse. Not to mention they were serving alcohol to girls wearing not too much clothing, giving them free shots, and letting them stumble out to their cars to drive back to campus I am presuming.

chrisholmes photo

chrisholmes

Charleston, SC

Nasty and Rude

I will never go back to this place. The pitcher was syrup after the 20 minutes it took to make it the cold food came out before it. The manager was by far the rudest person.

texas fajitas

horrible cold nasty threw it up

May 3, 2011

No Bueano....

The seasoning was bland, the seafood, overcooked and for crying out loud, even our chips were stale... HOW do you screw up CHIPS?? It's cute inside but if you're spoiled by really good mexican food... you will be truly dissapointed at La…
October 17, 2008

Good Mexican dining for the family

La Carreta has great Mexican food at a reasonable price. We thought the food was more authentic that most Mexican places in the area. The margaritas are also good. Atmosphere is very casual-- seat yourself, etc. Service is quick and…

Mexican Good For Kids Latin American

La Carreta  Restaurant Reviews

La Carreta is located near the cities of The Groves.
People found this by searching for: La Carreta James Island, La Carreta Folly Road Menu, La Carreta Mexican Restaurant Charleston, Sc, La Carreta, La Carreta James Island Menu, La Carreta James Island Sc Menu, La Carreta Menu Charleston Sc, Lacaretta Mexican Charleston Sc, and La Carreta Charleston Sc Menu.