6922 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60626

La Cazuela Mariscos

Neighborhoods: Rogers Park
Cuisine: Mexican, Seafood, Wraps

La Cazuela Mariscos is a Mexican, Seafood, and Wraps restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 2/27/2015

A Mexican chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

rinadancer photo

rinadancer

Chicago, IL

the best Mexican food in Chicago

I have been eating at La Cazuela regularly since 2003, and I love it! I left the city for a couple years, and tried some new places, but was dissappointed everytime. I usually get Shrimp tacos. But prior to trying to be more heart healthy, I got either the steak or steak and chorizo burrito, both of which are great. The chicken soup is very good, and I’m told the enchiladas are as well. The soup is a very traditional (per my knowledge) Mexican soup, so be prepared for large pieces of vegetables, and whole pieces of chicken.
All in all, my favorite Mexican place, outside of Mexico itself

Steak and Chorizo burrito

A bit greasy as chorizo tends to be, but very flavorful, and the freshly made tortillas really give it character.

Someonesmom photo

Someonesmom

Evanston, IL

Que rico! Que excellante!

We went there for Valentine’s day dinner. The service was “relaxed” but the waitress (only one waitress), who spoke very little English, was really nice and very busy, so we did not care if it took a bit longer. Their speciality is obviously seafood, I think perhaps from the Veracruz region. Since we picked this place at random, we ordered only one dish with seafood – the mussels appetizer, but it was flavorful & garlicy as mussels should be. My husband ordered chicken enchildas in green sauce, which were delicious. I ordered enchiladas al pastor (BBQ pork) in red sauce, which were also excellent and a bit more spicey because of the filling. I also got a glass of horchada (a bit too much cinnamon for my taste, but good if you like rice milk drinks.) It turns out they serve Modelo beer, but that is the only alcohol on the menu. Next time (and there will be a next time for sure), I am going to try the sopa de mariscos (seafood soup), which is served in enormous bowls, and looked & smelled creamy & spicy. One bowl of this Mexican chowder will be enough for a decent dinner portion.They also list Red Snapper in several different preparations, other seafood dishes and other more standard Mexican dishes. This is NOT a formal, fancy place. I assume it is family run. It’s a great place to take a date if they don’t care about fancy, and you don’t need to spend a bundle since the prices are reasonable. My husband ended up finshing my enchiladas because I was so stuffed. Portions are generous. The waitress was a hoot and kept wishing us a Happy Valentine’s Day when we left.

enchillas al pastor

tasty, spicy BBQ pork enchiladas; very generous portion; served with rice, beans & lettuce

Mussel appetizer (morillos?)

Mussels cooked in wine and garlic sauce; comes with bread for soaking up the sauce. Mussels were fresh, sauce was good, portion was enough for 2.

chicken enchilladas with green sauce

Yum! The green sauce is muy excellante! Portion is generous, comes with rice & beans.

Mexican Seafood Budget

La Cazuela Mariscos  Restaurant Reviews

La Cazuela Mariscos is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Restaurant Mariscos, Chicago, Il, Mexican Food 60626, Mariscos Restaurant Il, La Cusuala, La Cazuela Chicago, Chicago Mexican Food Clark Street 60626, La Cazuela Chicago Menu, Mariscos Chicago Menu, and La Cazuela Mariscos.