5439 Boulevard St-Laurent
Montreal Metro Area, QC H2T 1S5

La Chilenita

(Between Rue Maguire and Rue St-Viateur E/Rue St-Viateur O)

Neighborhoods: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Cuisine: Chilean, Mexican, Sandwiches

La Chilenita is a Chilean, Mexican, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

CheapEthnicEatz photo

CheapEthnicEatz

Seafood Empanadas

Last Saturday I have my biggest meeting yet with 53 members present. We were fortunate enough to have a whole restaurant all to ourselves on a Saturday night. It was an amazing evening seeing so many people present at one time. Truly I was just touched by seeing all of you there. Thank you for coming and thank you for supporting and participating in my group.

I also want to thank Michel, the owner of La Chilenita, for being so helpful and accommodating. He worked hard to prepare a great menu under a limited budget as well.

La Chilenita first started of as a empanada take-out place and were a big success. Within a few years they now have 3 addresses. We went to the one located at 5439 St-Laurent (c. St-Viateur). The decor is simple and a bit fancy cafeteria style tables. They still have a take-out counter for the old and new hardcore fans. I have been here at lunch and had the seafood empanada…AMAZING.

But this evening we had worked out a 4 serving meal. The first one up was their signature empanada…a meat one. Second plate was another entre of either grilled zucchinis, calamari, or what I had a perfectly ripe half avocado filled with shrimp in a great sauce. It was delish and a hit with everyone who had it. We had 7 main dishes to choose form. The selection was a simple assortment of basic Chilian dishes. I heard the salmon was incredible, I forget the name but a Chilian type shepard’s pie (which I tasted of my neighbors plate…yumm), the chicken brochette perfect, and I have a steak covered with caramelized onions and an egg. Everything was simple but good. They also serve with every dish the house’s home made salsas. Finally the last dish was a perfect flan dessert. Oh and how can I forget the Pisco Sour cocktail.

Considering the size of the group the service was excellent, long a times for the main meal but with 50 people its to be expected. I highly recommend this place: you’ll get great service and great food for a more then reasonable price.

Seafood Empanadas

Like the best ever, refined tasting with the cilantro…amazing

Joel_L photo

Joel_L

Comfort food

The best latin-influenced restaurant in Montreal according to the Mirror’s Best Of Montreal poll. And while that poll is not exactly a reputable source, in this case I’m inclined to agree. If you like mexican or chilean comfort foods, this is the place to go. They have a sizable menu that can serve any appetite; either eat-in or take-out. Starting with a variety of empanadas, hot sandwiches, and all the way to full mexican dishes of burritos, quesedillas, nachos… the list is long and everything is delicious. If you’re still hungry take a deep fried churro for dessert. You won’t regret it!

Burritos Chicos

Two small burritos filled with beans and the protein of your choice (chicken, beef, tofu). A few nachos on the side with no less than four dipping sauces (guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce). Wins every time.

carlos28 photo

carlos28

Empanada!

Nice intimate restaurant located near Little Italy with a Latin American cuisine. Very friendly atmosphere with simple and menu that’s easy on the wallet.

All dishes are served fresh from the stove or oven and are very savoury to the palate and are not overpowering.

the atmosphere makes it easy to carry out a conversation the staff very friendly and knowledgeable.

CrazyProf photo

CrazyProf

Montréal, QC

Great boul. Saint-Laurent Find!

What a great place! The food was excellent, the service prompt and the prices were very reasonable. We enjoyed the Ceviche, empanadas and a chicken main course. The house red wine was a good match for all of this. Not sure why the place was so empty on a Sat. nite.

Chilean Mexican Sandwiches
Bocxgmnz0r3pvpaby-ekyc
CheapEthnicEatz

La Chilenita  Restaurant Reviews

La Chilenita is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: La Chilenita Menu, Chilenita Menu Montreal, La Chilenita Montreal Menu, Chilenita Menu, La Chilenita Montreal, Chilenita Montreal Menu, and Empanadas Plateau.