10246 Main St
Bellevue, WA 98004-8154

LA Cocina Del Puerco

Neighborhoods: West Bellevue
Cuisine: Mexican, Breakfast, Gluten Free

LA Cocina Del Puerco is a Mexican, Breakfast, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $10 and $25.

CraigL photo

CraigL

Medina, WA

How do you say "travesty" in Spanish?

From the outside, this restaurant was very appealing. Walking in, the tables and decorations and tiling all looked quite authentic. That’s where my good experience ended.

The person making my food clearly did not speak English. I ordered a burrito, and he just started putting things in it, not bothering to ask if, for example, I’d actually like wilted lettuce inside my burrito. And then he put a war-ration portion of chicken in the burrito. On top of the burrito, he put what looked like tomato water, which was supposed to be what is normally a thicker red sauce in pretty much any authentic Mexican restaurant I’ve frequented.

He handed the plate to the woman working with him and she put even MORE of the red water over the top of the burrito. Maybe they could save time and just dip it into a bucket of water next time?

When I moved down to the register to pay, I asked if chips came with the $9(!) burrito. No, they don’t. So I decided to pay for chips. She grabbed four 4-inch round crunchy tortillas and put them in a basket. I broke off a piece of one, put it in my mouth, and instantly I knew it was stale. I said, “This is stale.” She smiled and laughed and said, “Yes!” I thought there might be a language barrier issue, so I said, “Old.” I then asked when they were made. “Maybe this morning,” she said uncertainly. “Do you have any fresh ones?” “No,” she said smiling.

$11 later, I had on my plate a burrito soaked in red water filled with strikingly little meat with a side of stale tortillas. Delightful. I would rather have had three gallons of gasoline and gone hungry.

So I got the plate to the table. I took a bite of the beans. Guess what? They were luke warm. About a 2 on a scale of 10 in terms of heat. I took it up to the counter and asked, “Do you have a microwave? This is not hot.” The guy said, “Not hot?!?” He went into the back room and (I’m guessing) put the meal in a microwave. He brought it back out. Unfortunately, they don’t make microwaves that heat food AND make it taste good. Puerco could certainly use such an invention.

The food was not good. Everything about this place was disappointing to me. And I will never ever return.

Chicken burrito

See the restaurant review…

Mexican Breakfast Gluten Free

Pizza in Downtown

Pizza Time ML Creek Thomas LK

Pizza in Lake Hills

LA Cocina Del Puerco  Restaurant Reviews

LA Cocina Del Puerco is located near the cities of Beaux Arts, Medina, Clyde Hill, Yarrow Point, and Beaux Arts Village.
People found this by searching for: La Cocina Del Puerco Menu, La Cocina Del Puerco, La Cocina Del Puerco Bellevue, Mexican Restaurant Menu In Spanish And English, La Cocina Del Puerco, Bellevue, Wa, Lacocinadepuerco, and La Cocina Del Puerco Bellevue Wa.