4444 McKinney Ave

Cuisine: Cuban

AliceC photo

AliceC

San Francisco, CA

I've been wanting to try this place since it...

I’ve been wanting to try this place since it is part of the Lombardi group. It was quite busy on a Friday night. The place is quite small, but they have a nice outdoor patio area for dining.

To the more important stuff the food… We started with the mango sangria which I enjoyed, but I like sweeter tasting sangria.

We then ordered the Mariquitas con Guacamole which served 3 kinds of chips (plantains, taro, tortilla) with salsa, guacamole, and black bean dip. I like the plantians and especially the taro since it is something you don’t typically see. They were thin and extra cripsy. The tortilla chips were thicker but had a good crunch. The sauces weren’t anything special and they didn’t give you very much of it either. I like to have lots of salsa or guac or bean, but it was not possible with the small containers.

For the main dish, I got the Churrasco which was a chewy skirt steak, but well marinated. It had chimichurri sauce, guac, and red onions on top. I would have preferred more chimichurri sauce. It also had a tasty red cabbage slaw that complimented the steak well. And there were also yucca fries that were thick spears but had a very crunchy exterior but soft interior. Just perfect in my opinion.

One of my friends ordered the special called the lechon ascado, a pork shoulder dish. Apparantly, they have it every night but it runs out quickly. One friend of mine got the last one and the other had to settle for something else.

For dessert we got the cuban flan and the tres leches. The flan was average. It wasn’t as smooth and creamy as I like it to be. And the tres leches was moist and had some kind of alcohol soaked in it as well. It was definitely the better of the two.

Service was really awesome. I had made reservaions and the group didn’t all arrive on time, but they still sat us down and were patient with us even though the place was packed.

So overall, it wasn’t bad, but certainly didn’t impress me as some of the other restaurants in the group. But next time I think I’m going to try the cuban sandwich or the lechon ascado and get the mojitos.

Cuban
Sat 08:00AM - 03:00AM
Sun 08:00AM - 11:00PM
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 12:00AM
Fri 11:00AM - 03:00AM

La Cubanita  Restaurant Reviews

La Cubanita is located near the cities of Northeast, Oak Cliff, Northeast Dallas White Rock, Cockrell Hill, and Minneapolis.
People found this by searching for: La Cubanita Restaurant Dallas Tx, La Cubanita Restaurant Dallas, La Cubanita Dallas, Cuban Restaurant Dallas,Tx, Lacubanita, Dallas, La Cubanita Dallas Menu, and Lechon Dallas.