2316 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109

La Folie

Neighborhoods: Russian Hill
Cuisine: Californian, Romantic, Catering

La Folie is a Californian, Romantic, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

chanman photo

chanman

Bellevue, WA

Generous Portions

Came here for a weekend dining trip with a friend. From all the reviews I read of this restaurant on yelp I had expected it to be tasty and great service and that’s exactly what my experience was too.

When we arrived to the restaurant we were greeted by the hostess and a couple servers then brought to the back side of the restaurant where it was more brightly lit with the large skylight windows which made the experience even better. What I liked about this room was that the early dishes were lighter and brighter like the sky and as we dine into the heavier and darker dishes the lighting in the room got darker as well, was a great transition overall.

The server was very attentive and explained each dish and each wine pairing well. He was very down to earth and very easy to talk to. He made you feel right at home.

From the menu there was a choice of the summer tasting, 3 course, 4 course or 5 course. Also the choice of doing 2 plates of the same course apart from the meat/poultry section or even do 5 courses of desserts if you’d like as what the server explained to us on the menu.

Both my friend and I chose the 5 course menu, which ended up being way too much food for what we could handle. The portions are surprisingly generous! The foie gras was 6 ounces and so was the beef tenderloin. The chocolate souffle was very rich and creamy as expected. In my choice of dishes also included the duck egg which was fried on the outside with runny yolk inside which was great combo along with the next dish which was a lobster gnocci. Of the 5 plates, my favorite has got to be the foie gras! Large piece, very buttery tender, the side pairings gave out the flavor that much more.

Californian Prix Fix Menus Romantic
Mon-Sat 05:30PM - 10:30PM
gemster

San Francisco, CA

Channing

Novato, CA

La Folie  Restaurant Reviews

La Folie is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: French Restaurant Russian Hill, La Folie Menu, La Folie Restaurant San Francisco, La Folie Nob Hill, San Francisco La Folie Parking, La Folie Gluten Free, La Folie San Francisco, and La Folie Sf.