3490 Youngfield Svc Rd
Golden, CO 80401

La Fonda de Acebo

Cuisine: Mexican

• 4/07/2017

A Mexican food lover from Denver, CO tried it.

triciakjohnson photo

triciakjohnson

Lakewood, CO

Horrible! Worst Mexican food ever!

HORRIBLE! I just moved to Denver from Kansas City, and I guess the standards for quality mexican food are MUCH lower here (based on everyone’s raving reviews). First, they charge for extra chip and salsa—-I have never been to a mexican restaurant that does that…where I am from it is free and unlimited. Second, the chips were horribly salty and were Tostitos quality. The waitress was SOOOOOO RUDE! We could not believe the horrible treatment we received. She ignored us and had an attitude every time we would ask for more water or anything. Next, we ordered the “Queso Dip” (about $8)…when it came out, it was a small container of melted velveeta. YUCK! I am not about to pay $8 for that! We sent it back and I guess she did not like that. Anyway, the prices on all the food seemed very over-priced. I ordered a combination (Chile relleno, tostada, and bean burrito My husband ordered a chicken Tacorito. The waitress asked me if I would like it mild or spicy. I love spicy, so I ordered it spicy. (she did not tell me HOW it was made spicy…I just assumed it would have more hot peppers). When we got the food, it looked ok…not that appetizing. We started eating and immediately I notice that my dish has bits of pork in it. Now, I am a vegetarian and I thought I had ordered a vegetarian dish. I told the waitress that I could not eat it because of the meat and that I did not know why there was meat in the food. She told me that I had ordered the spicy option, so it came with pork chili on it. Well fine, but you should have told me that —-I have never encountered that before. Then, she acted like it was my fault and I should have known that all green chili has pork in it (I did not even know that “Spicy” meant the addition of green chili or any chili!) She was reluctant to have my dish remade without the meat. Then, she never came back and purposely avoided our table. Oh, and my husband was very disappointed with his Tacorito. He said the sauce was not homemade and tasted horrible. His chicken was tough and the whole thing was highly overrated. Believe me, we will NEVER go back. That was the WORST tasting mexican food I have ever had.

Combo 23

Highly over-priced. CHile Relleno is not a chile relleno….it is a slice of jalepeno sandwiched in cheese, breaded and deep fried. Yuck. Black bean burrito was slimy and unseasoned (I would not feed it to my dog!)….Guacemole tostada had barely any guacemole and was just a chip with lettuce.

Tacorito

over-rated. Doesn’t even come with rice and beans. Chicken was over-cooked and very tough. The sauce was horrible and tasted like it was just poured from a can. Gross.

Mexican Bad Taco

La Fonda de Acebo  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: La Fonda De Acebo Denver, La Fonda De Acebo Minnesota Tacorito, La Fonda De Acebo Menu, La Fonda De Acebo Locations, La Fonda De Acebo Restaurant, Le Fonda De Acebo, Menu For La Fonda De Acebo Restaurant, La Fonda Golden, Co, and La Fonda De Acebo.