2101 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Orlando, FL 32830

La Hacienda de San Angel

Cuisine: Mexican, American (New)

La Hacienda de San Angel is a Mexican and American (New) restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 5/20/2017

P1nk16 tried it.

p1nk16 photo

p1nk16

Orange Park, FL

Cinco de Mayo

I was warned prior to going – it’s delicious! And the warnings were correct! We came for Cinco de Mayo and I was full midway through the appetizers. We did not drink any alcohol this visit, though I hear the Avocado Margs are amazing! There is complimentary chips and salsa and I was a bit disappointed in these – they were thick chips, like the kind served at a football or baseball game for Nachos – not like most Mexican restaurants.
We chose two appetizers – the Guacamole, topped with corn and Poblano peppers with pumpkin seeds ($8.50) and the Queso Fundido, Melted cheese with chorizo, Poblano and Serrano peppers, avocado-tomatillo sauce, and flour tortillas (13.50). The guac was a smaller portion than I expected for the price, but it was still good. Not the best guacamole I’ve ever had (I think mine’s better, ha!). The Queso Fundido was never ending cheese! It wasn’t liquid-gooey cheese as I had expected, but cheese which you have to physically break a part because it’s never ended as you try to scoop it up! Scooping the queso into the tortillas it’s served with allows you to make your own mini-quesadilla.
At the urging of my friend, we opted for the Del Mar (Serves 2), Mixed grill offering shrimp, fish, scallops and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsas ($58). There were 7 shrimp, 4 scallops, and the fish serving appeared to be approx. 8-10oz. There was more corn than I had ever seen before in the center, along with veggies, and I’m not a far of corn but! It was drizzled with some sort of chipotle sauce and oh my goodness, so delicious! Sweet and creamy from the sauce. My husband did utilize the tortillas it was served with, but I just ate the protein by itself or scoops of corn. Served with a side of black beans (I wasn’t crazy about these either, and I do love black beans) as well as rice – and it wasn’t a rice you’d expect. More of a rice pilaf than yellow rice as one would expect. And I was totally okay with that because it had peas and I love peas and I gobbled up that rice!
The shrimp was probably my favorite; seasoned to perfection and large. The fish was somewhat bland and I questioned if the scallops were cooked all the way – but we didn’t get sick after so I assume yes.
We will absolutely return!

Guacamole topped with Poblano peppers, pumpkin seeds, and corn

Small Portion but still good! (though I make better, ha!)

Queso Fundido

So cheesy – but not liquid cheesy like one would expect queso to be! (Melted cheese with chorizo, Poblano and Serrano peppers, avocado-tomatillo sauce, and flour tortillas)

Del Mar (Serves 2)

I would have liked more shrimp & scallops, but overall it was absolutely delicious! (Mixed grill offering shrimp (7), fish, scallops (4) and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsas)

Mexican American (New) Epcot

La Hacienda de San Angel  Restaurant Reviews

La Hacienda de San Angel is located near the cities of Holden Heights.