5461 Rue Sherbrooke
Montreal Metro Area, QC H8T

La Maison Rustik

(Between 55e Avenue and 54e Avenue)

Neighborhoods: Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace
Cuisine: Romanian

La Maison Rustik is a Romanian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 1/11/2015

A Romanian food lover from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 7/24/2014

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

CheapEthnicEatz photo

CheapEthnicEatz

Montréal, QC

Romanian with scary singer

With the weather tending towards the cold, we had the chance to taste a little Romanian cuisine care of la Maison Rustik.

We had our staple dishes from eastern europe with salty sausages and mixed meats. Some of our wiser members sampled romanian appetizers Myself I ordered the garlic snails, which were good but not spectacular. The mixed meats dishes like the stew with a good polenta look mouth-watering. I was happy with my choice, lamb chops, but I must confess I would probably have liked to try the stew or the schnitzel which looked very good.

Service was a mixed bag, which is not good. I can understand delays, but not people being done with their meal while other people still have not received theirs. On top of that, I did notice other tables getting their food in the meantime although they were later arrivals. This is evidence of a lack of organization in the kitchen.

Entertainment was on hand for the night. I had been a bit reluctant, but it turned out ok. The singer tried to encourage participation by choosing songs from all over the world. I even tried joining in for the spanish medley. Old songs, but still classical. I know there will be quite some pictures of this event.

All and all, I would say the balance is positive but I wouldn’t recommend this for a very large group of people. Still, make it a few people at least so you can join in when the singing starts and have a few laughs. Food wise, try the specialties but make sure you keep a tab in your head, it can add up pretty quick. Remember to bring your own wine, they charge you for the mineral water.

mixed meats dishes

Nocton photo

Nocton

Montréal, QC

A Romanian Rendezvous

With the weather tending towards the cold… blah, Evelyne used my review for CheapEthnicEatz.

Oh well, new one then. Eastern europe cuisine is known for salty sausages and mixed meats. I went with the garlic snails and the mixed meats dish. The garlic snails should be ordered in a french restaurant, not in a romanian one.

I kept having food-jealousy over the polenta. Not that my lamb chops were not great, but the stew and the schnitzel looked very appetizing.

Service was the lowest point of the evening. Half of our group received their food first and had finished it completely before the other half received their dishes. I understand we were a big group, but that’s why we had a reservation.

On weekends they have a singer… She was a basically a lounge singer, picking songs from every era and culture and getting people to sing. Fun for a while but tiresome at some point. I got to sing in my native spanish for one of them.

BYOB, take a small group and I wouldn’t make it my first choice.

Lamb Chops

Good, decent, not spectacular, not worth traveling across the city for.

Romanian

La Maison Rustik   Restaurant Reviews

La Maison Rustik is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: La Maison Rustik Restaurant Montreal, Romanian Restaurant Montreal, Romanian Restaurant In Montreal, La Maison Rustik Tripadvisor Montreal, La Maison Rustik, La Maison Rustik Review, Romanian Restaurant Montreal, Qc, and Romanian Restaurants In Montreal.