920 N El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA 92672-4646

La Siesta Mexican Food

Cuisine: Mexican, Local, American

La Siesta Mexican Food is a Mexican, Local, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

TheBeachBum photo

TheBeachBum

San Clemente, CA

Authentic Mexican Style Food with Great Salsa!

A local’s favorite, families and surfers alike. A bit on the weathered side, but the food is authentic Mexican style and the salsa is a winner too. They have won the San Clemente Salsa Challenge quite a few times. The service is friendly (many of them are from the same family) and will often sit down and chat if you have the time.
The Mexican food is priced very reasonable. Beer by the bottle or glass only (no pitchers), wine and tequila margaritas.

Try a Family Carnitas plate (feeds 4+) or a Baja style fish taco (don’t forget the chips & salsa).

I’d rate it higher if they would bring back the pitchers of beer.

I come here all the time, but the last time I was here it was Enchilada Monday, so that’s what I had. I ordered one carnitas and one carne asada. I have traveled throughout Mexico for over 30 years and I find their enchilada sauce is made in the authentic Mexican style that I prefer. Family owned and operated since 1985 by Gustavo, Alberto and Enrique Hernandez. Give it a try. Dress is beach casual (shorts, t-shirt and Rainbows. Be sure and say “Hola!” to Thomas (a waiter/busman) and be nice to the other help as most are members of his immediate family.

Enchilada Plate

I ordered shredded carnitas enchilada and carne asada enchilada smothered in their authentic enchilada red sauce w/ rice & beans. One of my favorites and always GREAT! I’d rate this higher if they would serve it with a pitcher of beer.

Mexican Casual Carnitas

La Siesta Mexican Food  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Mexican Siesta, La Siesta San Clemente Happy Hour, La Siesta Mexican Restaurant San Clemente, Ca, La Siesta Happy Hour, La Siesta Happy Hour San Clemente, Driving Directions To 920 N. El Camino Real San Clemente, Ca 92672, La Siesta San Clemente Menu, and La Siesta San Clemente.