253 Route 59
Suffern, NY 10901

La Vera Cucina

Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Lunch

La Vera Cucina is a Italian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Grate"
"Good food"
"Grate"
Cons
"Management caters to patrons spending more money."
"Clear favoritism towards patrons spending more money."
Comments
"Skip this place and head into downtown Suffern to Marcellos for excellent Italian food. This place is just a bar that happens to serve food."
"Skip this place. For real Italian food, head downtown to Marcello's. "
  • 6/27/2015

Cookingcutie11 tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . Cookingcutie11 didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
    Management caters to patrons spending more money.
  • 6/27/2015

An Italian food lover from Newark, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
    Clear favoritism towards patrons spending more money.
    Comments
    Skip this place. For real Italian food, head downtown to Marcello's.
  • 12/07/2014

An Italian food lover from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 10/27/2014

An Italian chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried it.

• 4/29/2014

An Italian food lover from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Grate
  • 11/10/2013

An Italian food lover from Suffern, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Good food
  • 10/30/2013

An Italian chowhound from Ardsley, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Grate
  • 10/30/2013

A diner from Ardsley, NY tried it.

• 7/12/2013

An Italian chowhound from Suffern, NY tried it.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

Cookingcutie11 photo

Cookingcutie11

Suffern, NY

Management caters to money, not people

I will never patronize this restaurant again, especially for karaoke on Fridays with the Captain and Camille. My friends and I go for karaoke every so often, and we headed there tonight. Unfortunately, there was a local little league team and their parents/coaches there tonight out celebrating (and drinking). They took over the bar. I assume it’s illegal for kids under 10 to be in a bar hanging around at the bar, but I guess that’s none of my business. The kids sang one song-cute, fine, and then some other people sing, and then the kids are allowed to sing 3 more songs in a row. So, some of the other tables of regulars, ie adults, leave, and then the karaoke DJ Marty approaches our table and says "’I hope you’re not going to complain and leave like the other table did.‘’ Actually, we are. I think he’s joking when he got in my mother’s face and says this and says ‘’well, you’re drinking water’’-he’s not joking, and she wasn’t drinking water, and my friends and I had bought 3 drinks. So, his explanation is "they do this once a year and they spent $400 and it’s not up to me, it’s management.‘’ So, I guess if management and the restaurant owner is ok with that, I won’t patronize this business EVER AGAIN. If they’re going to employ such a rude DJ to provide karaoke to paying customers, and if you cater to a party who does this ‘’once a year and spends $400,’’ then I guess it’s ok to alienate regulars or semi-regular customers. In all fairness, the food is average whenever I do order any, and the bar service has always been abysmally slow and harried. There should be more than 2 bartenders on a Friday night. It’s painful to get service or your check, and if you sit at a table by the bar, you would wait forever because nobody will come to your table to take your order. The fried calamari was rubbery when I ordered it, drinks are inconsistently priced (one bartender charges $9 for a martini, another charges $10), and one time, bacon cheese fries were $8, another time, cheese fries were $3. If you treat your customers disrespectfully, don’t expect them to return. I certainly will not. This place and its karaoke are a joke.

Italian Catering Dinner

La Vera Cucina  Restaurant Reviews

La Vera Cucina is located near the cities of Hillburn, Mahwah, Montebello, Darlington, and Airmont.
People found this by searching for: Suffern Restaurants, La Vera Cucina Menu, La Vera Cuchia Sufforn, La Vera Cucina Suffern Menu, La Vera Cucina, La Vera Cucina Suffern Ny Menu, and Allendale Eats, Allendale, New Jersey.