Lady & Sons, The

Neighborhoods: Downtown Savannah
Cuisine: Southern/Soul, Buffet, American

Lady & Sons, The is a Southern/Soul, Buffet, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Friendly and polite service."
"Everyone was so helpful and cared that my experience and food was to my liking. Loved Paulas cooking show and was so glad i was able to visit her restaurant. Only thing that would have made it better wiuld have been able to meet her. Miss her .food netwo"
  • 9/15/2015

A dining patron from Augusta, GA tried it.

• 10/18/2014

A Southern/Soul chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Friendly and polite service.
  • 7/31/2014

A dining patron from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 6/05/2014

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

ashleyj photo

ashleyj

Fort Stewart, GA

Dinner Buffet

The restaurant itself has a beautiful atmosphere, low lighting (in a good way) and the building had a old town Savannah historic feel.
The down side of being in such a prime location is the lack of parking, either you have to park a mile away, or like we did, pay around 10 bucks for parking.
The food from the buffet was limited in variety, there was two or three meats to choose from (fried chicken, caujin sausage and shrimp, and some sort of beef tip stewish-roast). The chicken was clean, not too greasy, it reached my expectations. The shrimp where fully intact, with head, skin and the intestinal vein still intact. I personally won’t eat shrimp cooked with the intestinal vein intact, i prefer them cleaned prior to cooking. I was looking forward to the southern style baked macaroni and cheese, I was disappointed, even my two year old son (who loves all things cheesey) just pushed it around his plate. On the plus side the mashed potatoes where actually called “creamed potatoes” because they where so smooth, and in my opinion perfectly seasoned. The rest of the food isnt worth mentioning one way or the other; there was a salad bar in the back, poorly tended at the time I was there.
The desert wasn’t “all you can eat”. They give you a choice of four deserts, the only one worth anything would be the banana pudding, but the portion size is around the size of half a pudding cup, and its the same size no matter what desert you get.
Over all, the ups and downs equal out to a so-so experience, I went just to say I have been to Paula’s restaurant, but I wouldn’t go again.

June 26, 2017

I'm "At Home Here".. Hands down they have the best Home Cooked Meals as well as the Best Atmosphere in Savannah/Chatham County. It doesn't matter if you meet Jamie, Bobby, Brooke, Jack and Uncle Bubba they are ALL DOWN TO EARTH COUNTRY…
September 29, 2012

this was the worst place i went to the food was too salty, the food servere used her bare hands to put the bread on the plate the bread was old, i cant believe she would allow here name on this. stay away
June 10, 2012

My Goodness. What a overblown ego these

My Goodness. What a overblown ego these folks have ,the food ,please I can cook better and don't even care too.18.00 for a buffet with some of the most non appealing food.My daughter was turned away at the door after making a reservation…

Savannah Southern/Soul Paula Dean

Lady & Sons, The  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Lady And Sons Buffet Menu, Lady Son Rest, Lady Sons Restaurant Reviews, Lady And Sons Restaurant Savannah Ga Shirt, The Lady And Sons Restaurant, Reviews Of Lady And Sons Restaurant, and Public Parking In Doentown Savannah Near Ladh Restaurant.