Lang Van

Neighborhoods: Shannon Park
Cuisine: Vietnamese, Lunch, Breakfast

Lang Van is a Vietnamese, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Was my bday, took whole family (6) and it was unbelievable. Owner waited on us and I said surprise us and we left happy and full. We will definitely be back!! Thx for a great bday!! The Sheridan Clan"
  • 8/12/2014

A dining patron from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/03/2013

A dining patron from Charlotte, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

TriciaOakes photo

TriciaOakes

Fort Mill, SC

Vietnamese food has a home in Charlotte at Lang Van

It would be easy to drive past and mistake Lang Van for a used car dealer, or to completely avoid the neighborhood that some deem “scary”. Seek it out anyway. Experiencing Lang Van is worth stepping out of your comfort zone.

Inside, Muzaked Celine Dion and her cohorts tinkle in the speakers of the small dining area. The water glasses never run even the tiniest bit low, thanks to the overeager staff. The cuisine is Vietnamese, and there are over 130 choices on the menu.

Curry, coconut cream, lemon grass, onion and sweet potato mixed with chili that provides just enough residual heat to warm your lips makes an amazing Chicken Curry dish. The Vermicelli House Special bowls and Pho (beef soups) are what bring many customers back, as well as the rice paper wrapped Spring and Summer Rolls. Fresh mint, cilantro, crumbled peanuts and julienned carrots garnish many dishes, and the peanut sauce is a welcome addition to main dishes as well as the aforementioned appetizers. Crisp and chewy textures juxtaposed with tangy, sweet and salty flavors is what makes these dishes memorable.

Unfamiliar with Vietnamese food? The servers will help you make a decision. If you return a few times, the owner will know your order down to the beverage preference. If you return consistently for ten years or so, she will extricate your children from their car seats, show them off around the restaurant as if they were her own, settle them at a table, and then remember everything your entire party has ever ordered. It is like your Vietnamese mama welcoming you home with all of your favorite foods, and then sending you home with peanut cookies and a full belly.

Vermicelli Bowl

June 22, 2010

Best Place to Eat in Charlotte

Lang Van is my Favorite restaurant in Charlotte. The place is small, and they are very friendly. The food is phenomenal. I'm Chinese and I feel as though I disappoint my family because when they come to town, I always take them out to get…
February 8, 2010

DINNER WAS RUSHED

We brought some ex-New Yorkers who were craving Vietnamese food to Lang Van last week. As expected the food was very good - fresh and beautifully seasoned with light sauces.\r \r However, we felt that our food was almost thrown at us it…

Saigon Bistron

Chinese in Sardis Woods

Pho Hoa

Noodle Bar in Briarcreek-Woodland

2/19/2018

A diner from Charlotte, NC tried Chris' Deli Restaurant in Sheffield Park, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
The people who work here are lovely! Food always fresh & good! Hot mustard out of this world!
2/17/2018

A Grill food lover from Charlotte, NC tried Chucks Grill in West Sugar Creek.

2/16/2018

A diner from Charlotte, NC tried Why Not Pizza in Farm Pond.

2/15/2018

An American food lover from Woodstock, IL tried KFC - Kentucky Fried Chicken, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
We go often but the service on 2 15 was awful. She forgot one order and my husband was finished with his meal by the time I got mine. Waitress sat with other customers talking while she should have been doing her job.
Cons
Please improve customer service the food is good
2/15/2018

A dining patron from GA tried Chicken King in Mineral Springs.

2/14/2018

A Chicken food lover from Charlotte, NC tried Chicken King in Plaza Hills, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/13/2018

A Chicken food lover from Lawrenceville, GA tried Chicken King in Biddleville.

2/11/2018

An American food lover from Charlotte, NC tried Hop Feng Kitchen in Pawtuckett, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

2/10/2018

A diner from US tried Chicken King in Mineral Springs.

2/06/2018

A Pizza chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried Pizza Hut in Ashley Park, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Vietnamese Lunch Breakfast
Siam Garden Thai Restaurant

Thai in Prosperity Church Road

Anntony's Caribbean Cafe

Caribbean in West Sugar Creek

Lang Van  Restaurant Reviews

Lang Van is located near the cities of Mecklenburg County and Clayton Park.
People found this by searching for: Lang Van Charlotte, Lang Van Menu, Lang Van, Lang Van Restaurant Charlotte Nc, Lang Van Vietnamese Restaurant Charlotte, Lang Van Restaurant Menu, Lang Van Charlotte Menu, Charlotte Lang, and Lang Van Restaurant.