Lao Sze Chuan

Neighborhoods: Armour Square
Cuisine: Chinese, Late Night, Private Parties

Lao Sze Chuan is a Chinese, Late Night, and Private Parties restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

No Rating
fasteddiek photo

fasteddiek

Chicago, IL

My BD Party

We had a private room and 28 guests for a food orgy, with my relatives, friends and guests; most of them loved “mild” Chinese food and Tony Hu’s kitchen is noted for true Szechwan cooking (spicy), the compromise was a little of each and some slight change in the amount of “heat” added to the great food served. There was a selection of appetizers followed by the main courses. Egg drop soup started the meal, followed by seafood, shrimp and beef dishes and Tony’s special chicken was a huge hit. My family hired a magician, for his grand finally he called me up and as I stood, I almost passed out… the end was at the emergency room… too much heat and a drop in blood pressure ended my 80th BD party

Tony's Chicken

Delicious

jinkwell photo

jinkwell

Fantastic Chinese

This is probably one of the best restaurants in Chinatown. Their hotpots are amazing! I would also look into other dishes, but the highlight of the restaurant is definitely the hotpots.

However, don’t expect great service. First, if you cannot speak a word of Chinese, it can be hard to order certain items. Miscommunication has often resulted in wrong dishes being brought my way. Also, on crowded nights, it seems like you have to fight your way to acquiring a table.

Questionable service, excellent food!

Jeff

from GrubHub
October 8, 2013

Excellent but VERY spicy!
January 27, 2009

STAY AWAY

Last night we went to Lao Tze Chuan restaurant. We learned they had changed ownership, and wondered what the new management would be like.\r \r We arrived around 6:15, placed our order around 6:25. The food didn't come until 7:00 p.m. …

Chinese Late Night Private Parties
Tips
  • The lot in front on Archer is always busy and fills up quickly. Either allow time to prowl or try your luck up one of the side streets.
  • Try family-style hot pot specials available each day for $14.95; bubbling broth cooks fresh meat and vegetable ingredients along with noodles in an experience akin to fondue. You can also host a private party in the upstairs dining room. Call for details.
Sun-Sat 11:30AM - 12:00AM

Lao Sze Chuan  Restaurant Reviews

Lao Sze Chuan is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Lao Sze Chuan Chicago, Chicago Chinatown Gluten Free Restaurant Archer, Lao Schezwan Chicago, Lao Schezwan Chicago Menu, Lao Sze Chuan Delivery, Lao Szechuan Chicago Menu, and Lao Sze Chuan Gluten Free.