926 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122-4412

Lark

Neighborhoods: First Hill
Cuisine: Northwest, Gluten Free, Catering

Lark is a Northwest, Gluten Free, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

Seattle, WA

a unique dinner experience with a NW twist

The first thing you notice when you walk into this place is the interior. It is like a rustic Northwest cabin inside yet very elegant and well decorated. From the street this place doesn’t look like much and it is really random location. You’ll be pleasantly surprised when you go inside though.

A really interesting assortment of small/medium size plates to share with friends. Good for small groups. A pretty unique dining experience so I recommend if you are looking for something new and different to try. They serve elk, duck, liver, etc. Don’t expect to get out of here without paying a good amount though.

Scrambled duck egg with fried Hungarian salami

If you like duck egg you might like this – I’m not a big duck person but it was still pretty good. The sausage was really greasy though. This seemed like a high class version of sausage and eggs :-P

Elk loin with chestnuts, parsnips and black currant sauce

I’m not a big gamey meat eater but this didn’t taste gamey at all – tender and juicy.

Mascarpone cheesecake with mango, lime and whipped cream

Awesome cheesecake!! This was at the top of my list for the night. Really light and fluffy.

Watercress, frisée and cauliflower salad with bacon, pecans and blue cheese

A great salad, probably my 3rd favorite dish behind the bass and cheesecake. Interesting mixture of greens and other things.

Three Cheeses

We got the Knight’s Vail, Jasper Hill Blue, and Clochette. Delicious assortment of cheeses, you can pick from about a dozen and do 3 for $12. I liked the Clochette one the best which I thought was the most unique. Generous portion – we didn’t finish it all amongst 4 of us.

Lark's handmade crackers

Good but nothing particularly special about them.

Pommes de terre "Robuchon"

Very creamy mashed potatoes. Smooth and great to go with one of the fish/meat dishes.

Black bass (Daily Special)

Best dish I had here – interesting green colored sweet sauce over the fish.

Bluebird Grain Farms farro with nettles and black trumpet mushrooms

This tasted very healthy…kind of like brown rice – not all that tasty and we didn’t finish the dish. The least popular one we ordered. I got this cause they ran out of the mushrooms.

Carpaccio of Yellowtail with preserved lemons and green olives

Sashimi style yellowtail. Delicate and tasty.

EddieF photo

EddieF

Redmond, WA

After hearing so many glowing reviews from a...

After hearing so many glowing reviews from a friend about this place, I was feeling a little bit skeptical especially given its price to food ratio. However, I have to say, this was a great eating experience!

The food portions were small in general and we had to order about nine dishes (think Tapas) for the three of us for dinner. While the portions were small, they were all super tasty and delicious!

We tried the following dishes

Three Cheeses – I can’t recall what Karim ordered, but they were all incredible!

Oxbow Farm broccoli – this came in a small bowl. Not a lot of broccoli, but the taste was nothing I have ever had before. It had a strong citrus taste to it. Very different

Foie gras terrine iwth persimmon – this was amazing! Haven’t had such tasty foie gras in a while.

Carpaccio of Yellowtail – this was very nice! Of course I love Yellowtail, so I am somewhat biased.

Mussels with bacon, apple cider, thyme and cream – another strong dish especially if you like mussels

Braised pork belly with chestnuts – I was surprised this was on a “western” menu, but it was sooo good! The belly was crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. It practically melted in your mouth.

Snake River Farms beef tartate – I generally don’t like beef tartare too much, but this was very flavourful with lots of spices.

Veal sweetbreads – This was only so so for me, it didn’t seem very tasty to me as the sweetbreads seemed to be covered in some sort of tempura. Only disappointment among all the dishes for me.

There was one more dish which came from the daily special which was also good (atleast I don’t recall not liking it). In the end, the price wasn’t that bad, we had two bottles of wine (white and red) that matched well with the food. I would definitely want to come back and try the other “tapas” that this restaurant has to offer.

chanman photo

chanman

Bellevue, WA

unique

it’s different, not like any other restaurants I have been to. It share the similar style with Entree Nous, where the portion size are for family style.
It’s good for the portion to be able to try more than 3 dishes!

My favorite dishes there was the special of the night, the pork covered with bread crumbs (tasted like a crab cake but made with pork),

The duck leg was very tasty! (one of my favorites), it’s wrapped in bacon, crispy with fig, arugula, and balsamic.

the rye bread that they gave us was a good cleanser between each of the dishes…

the veal was another good one…

as for the desserts we liked the Black fig tarte tatin
with grappa caramel and chèvre sorbet. the caramel made it soo yummy!

and the Summer pudding with brioche,
berries and whipped cream was just right! was not too rich. It was just perfect.

Look at the pictures for reference.

This place has a nice twist on tapas style. The foie gras...

This place has a nice twist on tapas style. The foie gras was yum-o, but then again foie gras is always good. Try the duck confit with the cherry sauce.

Northwest Gluten Free Parking

Mattjames

Evanston, IL

MichelleS

Lark  Restaurant Reviews

Lark is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: 926 12th Ave. Seattle, Wa 98122 4412, Lark Seattle Reviews, Lark Seattlehttps://Www.Facebook.Com/? Rdr=P, Lark Seattle Yelp, Lark Seattle Pictures, Lark Restaurant Seattle Pics, Lark Seattle Menu, and Lark Seattle.