922 Nw 21st Ave
Portland, OR 97209

Laughing Planet

Neighborhoods: Northwest District
Cuisine: American (New), Latin American, Cafe

Laughing Planet is a American (New), Latin American, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.

VampireGran photo

VampireGran

Portland, OR

Over Priced and Under Spiced

I’ve been to Laughing Planet maybe 5 or 6 times since I moved to Portland 6 years ago. It has never been a favorite place to eat. Being vegetarian for most of my life, I tend to be pretty picky about my food.

I’ve tried a few of their burritos and today tried the Nacho Mama for the first and LAST time. I was very unimpressed.

The only reason we ate lunch there today was to attend a Meetup group of vegetarians. The people are great; the restaurant however was disappointing.

NACHO MAMA

I went to a vegetarian MeetUp today for lunch. My spouse and I decided to share the Nacho Mama. Basically a bowl of vegan chili with melted cheese and pico de gallo on top, served with tortilla chips. Umm, isn’t chili supposed to be spicy? It’s as if the cook had no spices available in that kitchen. The chili tasted like tomato sauce. Even the addition of a lot of Chalula didn’t help it.

It had zucchini in it. That is my least favorite vegetable (I know people think that vegetarians LOVE the particular vegetable, I however, do not. It does not belong in chili, in my opinion.).

The addition of some cumin, chili powder, cayene or better yet, habanero powder would have helped that pathetic chili out.

The Jungle Juice smoothie was pretty good. That’s what the two stars are for.

American (New) Outdoor seating Parking

Laughing Planet  Restaurant Reviews

Laughing Planet is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Laughing Planet Portland, Oregon, Laughing Planets Nw 21st Portland, Laughing Planet Portland, Laughing Planet Northwest 21st, Laughing Planet Menu, Laughing Planet Nw Portland, Laughing Planet, Laughing.Planet Nw 21, and Laughing Planet Northwest Menu.