4167 Rue St-Denis
Montréal, QC H2W 2M7

Le Steak Frites St-Paul

(Between Avenue Duluth E and Rue Rachel E)

Neighborhoods: Jeanne-Mance
Cuisine: Steak, Tapas, Small plates

Le Steak Frites St-Paul is a Steak, Tapas, and Small plates restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

overpriced and ordinary

I was here for supper. Our group was tucked into the back of the room, where there was a handy coatrack, but the lights flickered overhead and the conversation din progressed from tolerable to unbearable.

Part of the menu (appetizers, sides, desserts) is on a blackboard, and the main courses are presented on a small card. As per the BYOB laws here, if you are drinking alcohol you must purchase one main course or three appetizers, as a minimum.

Service was good except it took almost half an hour to get my bill. After asking twice and not getting the bill, I stood up and went over to the waiter station to settle up. Then he tried to keep all my change, and he fumbled around and ran off looking for change for me.

I left with a bad greasy taste in my mouth, in search of something to cleanse my palate, both literally and figuratively. I didn’t find this place to be anything special. Perhaps the food tastes better if you are also working on a bottle of wine — I had only a mouthful and didn’t care for the wine. I do not expect to be back.

Fillet St. Paul Skewer

The plate included one skewer with three or four cubes of meat, a bunch of green beans, and all-you-can-eat French fries. There was a choice of 3 sauces and I took the peppercorn sauce. Unfortunately the whole was rather bland and the steak (I ordered medium-well, no pink) was chewy.

French fries

It sounds exciting to have all-you-can-eat fries. The little wire basket on the table is for sharing, not per person. But what did arrive were dark, greasy, lukewarm (even when we specifically asked for a fresh batch), and badly in need of salt. Little metal cups of ketchup and (plain) mayonnaise accompanied the fries. I was disappointed.

Steak Plateau Mont Royal Reservations

Le Steak Frites St-Paul  Restaurant Reviews

Le Steak Frites St-Paul is located near the cities of Saint Laurent, Mont Royal, St Laurent, Mount Royal, and Mt Royal.
People found this by searching for: Did Montreal Restaurant Steak Friete St Paul Move.