1101 S Joyce St
Arlington, VA 22202-2096

Lebanese Taverna

Neighborhoods: Aurora Highlands
Cuisine: Lebanese, Turkish, Lunch specials

Lebanese Taverna is a Lebanese, Turkish, and Lunch specials restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 3/11/2015

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Megster11187 photo

Megster11187

Pittsburgh, PA

Mediterranean Done Right!

Lebanese Taverna is my favorite restaurant of all-time. There are a couple locations in the DC area, all with the same menu. The one at Pentagon Row is my favorite, simply for location, interior design, and outdoor seating area.

The food is phenomenal. The mezze are perfect to share – I think they have the best tabbouleh I’ve ever eaten, and the baba ghanoush is delicious. The hummus is excellent as well (although, nothing too special about it). The best feature is the bread – it is light and puffy, and is served warm. An endless supply is brought throughout the meal.

Not too many vegetarian options, but the few they have are phenomenal. The vegetarian kebab and stuffed vegetables are delicious, although they are both sweeter than one would expect (I believe there is some cinnamon in the stuffed vegetable dish). The seafood dishes are good as well, notably the shrimp.

I highly recommend the side of pureed garlic with any meal – it certainly adds flavor!

Good meat dishes (from what I hear) include the chicken shwarma and shish kebab. I have not eaten here for lunch but I hear the pita sandwiches are cheap and very good.

I would eat here every night if I could! Truly a fantastic dining experience, right down to the bar drinks (excellent mojitos), wine selection, and speed of service. Enjoy!

Tabbouleh

Some of the best I’ve ever had. Not too oily, and is phenomenal when eaten with the bread. A great addition to any dish you order!

leepy photo

leepy

Arlington, VA

Scrumptious!

I ate here last week with a friend simply because everyone was telling me how yummy this place was. I enjoyed my meal A LOT. The hummus mix is fantastic and so is anything meat, and chicken. My friend ordered this tomato based sauce with some type of sausage in it. DELICIOUS! And they give you with your meal fresh flat bread straight warm out of the oven. I am definitely coming back here!

GastroEclectico photo

GastroEclectico

Phoenix, AZ

Great place once you get over the din!

As it is very hard for my wife and I to identify our favorite food, having palates for the diversity the Washington DC Region has to offer in cuisine – what we do like to do is compare and categorize the local ethnic eateries, with the final outcome being whether it is favored enough to provoke our return to that establishment. Lebanese Taverna is one of those ‘return to’ places we’ve found. Although for the diehard Lebanese/Mediterranean food buff, this may not be the best place – it does fair well in its presentation, quality and taste. Whereas it’s presentation and attention to the service detail is lacking, both the prices and quality of the offering are worth returning. The two primary negatives we found was first and foremost, it was extremely noisy! So much so, that the waiter repeatedly asked us what we had said! Secondly, this din accentuates the potential for getting the orders wrong, as was the case with us. But, after such experience, we were pleased with the dishes we sampled. The lentil soup was very, very good. The Taverna Salad was fresh, crisp and the ingredients well proportioned and tasty. Although the main course my wife had was less than excellent, my Bouillabaisse was fantastic – made of a tomato, mahi-mahi, shrimp, calamari and orange zest base. As you may know, being a Bouillabaisse lover, I have created a Yelp List just for the quest to find the best. Although not a traditional Bouillabaisse, but an excellent take on the the fish/seafood stew! We also tried a take on a Martini which was very good – interesting to say the lease. It was the ‘Fairouz 9’ a concoction of vodka, Chambourd, Grand Marnier and a sour mix. Despite the noise, because of the excellent prices and quality of the food, this is most definitely a place to return… only during less busy and noisy hours. Bon Appétit from Gástro Ecléctico!

Ravi Kabob

Mexican in Aurora Highlands

Starbucks Coffee

Coffee & Tea in Aurora Highlands

9/05/2020

A dining patron from Arlington, VA tried Pho 75 in Colonial Village, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

8/28/2020

An American chowhound from Falls Church, VA tried Forrest Inn in Westover Village, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/22/2020

An American food lover from Arlington, VA tried Portabellos in Cherrydale.

8/22/2020

A dining patron from Arlington, VA tried Williamsburg Deli in Williamsburg.

8/15/2020

A diner from Gaithersburg, MD tried Red Hot & Blue in North Rosslyn.

8/11/2020

A Pakistani chowhound from US tried Ravi Kabob in Ashton Heights.

8/08/2020

A Mexican food lover from Oxon Hill, MD tried Guapo's Restaurant in Fairlington - Shirlington, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/05/2020

A Pakistani chowhound from Silver Spring, MD tried Ravi Kabob in Ashton Heights.

7/31/2020

A diner from US tried &pizza, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/29/2020

A Pizza food lover from US tried Godfather's Pizza in Lyon Park.

Lebanese Online Ordering Turkish

Middle Eastern in Fairlington-Shirlington

Top Thai Restaurant

Traditional British in Aurora Highlands

Lebanese Taverna  Restaurant Reviews

Lebanese Taverna is located near the cities of Fort Myer, Arlington County, Clarendon, Rosslyn, and Ft Myer.
People found this by searching for: Tabbouleh Recipe Lebanese Taverna, Lebanese Taverna Washington, Dc 1101 S Joyce St , Interior Pictures Of Middle Eastern Restaurants, Lebanese Taverna, Arlington, Va, Lebanese Restaurant In Courthouse, Va, Lebanese Food Pentagon City Va, Lebanese Taverna Arlington, Lebanese Restaurant And Arlington, and Recipe Lebanese Taverna Tomato Sauce.