1001 Cass St
Omaha, NE 68102

Liberty Tavern Hilton

Neighborhoods: Downtown Northeast
Cuisine: American, Burgers, Catering

Liberty Tavern Hilton is a American, Burgers, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25.

• 8/09/2015

Rwarren69 tried it and liked it.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

Default choice

This restaurant is located in the Hilton Omaha. I ate there several times during a week’s stay. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night. Takeout and room service are also available.

I found prices on the steep side, with the exception of the $9 special available during the convention. (These specials were useful to pick up and take to the convention center across the street. Beverage was not included.) And a few times, the food was bland. But sometimes you couldn’t beat the convenience of eating there when your hotel room was just a few floors overhead. Service was mostly prompt, the big exception being the day I chose to sit out on the terrasse.

Everyone was always welcoming. I would certainly eat here again.

Continental breakfast buffet at Liberty Tavern Hilton

Continental breakfast buffet

There were two buffet prices: the Continental included fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, baked items, cereal, juice, tea, and coffee. (Eggs, bacon, and other hot foods were available at a higher price.) It was all you could eat and drink, a very good deal.

Bakery basket at Liberty Tavern Hilton

Bakery basket

For a sit-down breakfast, I ordered this and received 6 pastry items: muffins, croissant, and danish. Yes all this was for me! I loved everything on this plate. I actually could not finish the basket, I kept the rest of the items to nibble on later.

Hot tea

The tea arrives with a giant mug and a choice of 5 tea bags. What I didn’t like was the price (when ordered separately), which I did not know till the bill arrived. Ouch!

sugar-free NY cheesecake at Liberty Tavern Hilton

sugar-free NY cheesecake

A late-night nibble that I took upstairs. The miniscule slice was drizzled in berry coulis, and did not taste like anything was held back. But the price was rather high for the amount received.

chicken teriyaki special at Liberty Tavern Hilton

chicken teriyaki special

This included two pieces of chicken, green beas, carrots, and lots of rice with peas. It didn’t have much flavor, and no sauce to speak of. But it was hot.

chicken parmesan special at Liberty Tavern Hilton

chicken parmesan special

The boneless chicken breast came with skinny broccolini and a lot of pasta with tomato sauce. It was filling, but bland and lukewarm — I didn’t feel like lugging it back across the road to warm it up.

Chef Mike's tomato soup

Piping hot cream of tomato soup, with herbs and crumbled feta cheese on top. On the side were two packets of saltine crackers. I really enjoyed this soup; I never expected to eat hot soup in July!

mac & five cheeses

This came in different formats, and I got a small side dish portion to go with my soup. The spiral pasta was smothered in plenty of cheese and breadcrumbs. But it was cold. (I was too hungry that day to care.)

American Burgers Catering

Liberty Tavern Hilton  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Tavern At The Hilton Hotel Omaha, Liberty Tavern Omaha Hilton, Liberty Tavern Omaha Reviews, Omaha Restaurant Reviews Liberty Tavern, Coupons For Liberty Cafe Omaha Ne Hilton, and Liberty Grill At Hilton Omaha.