1400 Smallman St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4306

Lidia's

Neighborhoods: Strip District
Cuisine: Italian, American, European

Lidia's is a Italian, American, and European restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
  • 5/06/2018

A diner from Butler, PA tried it.

• 1/07/2018

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried it and liked it.

• 3/04/2016

A diner from Monaca, PA tried it.

• 2/08/2016

An Italian food lover from Irwin, PA tried it.

• 12/27/2015

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried it and liked it. They didn't like the food.

• 12/20/2015

A dining patron from Canal Winchester, OH tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/19/2015

An Italian chowhound from Oakmont, PA tried it.

• 4/12/2015

An Italian chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

cinnachocoholic photo

cinnachocoholic

Orlando, FL

Over-priced brunch only worth it for big eaters

I went to Lidia’s for brunch with some friends. We only noticed the buffet was $24, significantly more than we usually would pay for that, after we sampled the bread and heavenly chocolate chip scones. Therefore, we were kind of stuck and none too thrilled that there were no a la carte options. The buffet itself was a bit on the small side for what we were paying, although some of the items like the apple-flavored squash, apple salad, and chocolate torte were quite good. The price also included an entree, so I went for the trio of pastas where you can have an unlimited amount of three different pasta dishes. Sounds great, right? The penne in tomato sauce was mediocre, the ravioli surprisingly tasteless; only one of the pastas was worth a second helping which I couldn’t even finish. I think if I were a bigger eater, this might have been worth it, but I got filled up long before I ate $24-worth of food. I would consider going back for lunch or dinner to specifically get the food I actually liked. However, that’s the last time I go there for brunch!

Brunch Buffet

kmb246 photo

kmb246

A Classy Italian Chain

A haute cuisine chain with an italian flavor. Excellent food, served in courses from very well trained servers. Their brunch is excellent and would be perfect for a girls day out brunch. I highly recommend whatever their pasta trio flight is for the day. It is great for lunch and dinner but I would personally pick lunch over dinner there. In a town like Pittsburgh there is alot of great italian food to choose from and while this is excellent, there are about five places I would rather have a fancy italian dinner. Great for lunch though. Will impress clients if you need to take business guests out.

condimentqueen photo

condimentqueen

Antipasti after work

This is not my favorite place as far as atmostphere. I feel it lack the intimacy that a good italian eatery should have. It is tastfully appointed and I love the glass work but the bar that faces the kitchen does not make for an inviting experience. I was there to meet some friends after work and we sat at the bar and shared a few appetizers. The food is a bit on the pricey side but worth it. On the other hand the wine as very highly priced and not worth it. We ended up buying a bottle to share which was the best way to go.

Frico:

This was by far the best thing we ordered. There were 3-4 little pockets of cripy fried cheese, leek and potato stuffed with a rich mixture of aspargus and bacon. Anything with bacon is good but this was excellent. I wanted more and next time don’t think I will agree to share.

Fritto Misto

Light coated with a well seasoned batter the platter was full of calamari and shrimp nestled among some asparagus and fennel. It was a nice combo and was enjoyed by all. I liked the coating which was very light and let the taste of the seafood shine.

tomatoe salad

This was a special on the evening we were there. I don’t think it is always on the menu. Being tomatoe season, the salad was full of fresh tomaotes and a great variety. Yellow and striped as well as the traditional red. Laced with cheese and topped with a light O&V it was cool and refreshing.

cynsation photo

cynsation

What's-up at Lidia's?

We have been here before and really liked everything about it. This time around left me questioning ever going back. The service is excellent. Greeters/waitstaff do a wonderfull job and are not overbearing. Bread plate to be shared at the table has wonderfull quality and good vatiety. My partner ordered Gnocchi con Anita in Guazzetto. I had Zuppa di pesce. Our guest ordered Calamari ‘Al Ferri’ con Escarole e Faioli . Dishes reviewed below. Lidia’s has a warm atmosphere, enjoyable wine list, and attentive service. Two hours following dinner, I was severly ill. My dinning partners were fine. I obviously had food poisoning, including all the “classic” textbook symptoms. The violent gastric symptoms lasted two hours including chills and a fever. I was down in bed another full day with weakness and thirst. I reported my illness to the management, in hopes that noone else be served the offending soup. I figured there must have been some bad mussles in the batch!? The manager appologized and said that they hadn’t had any similar complaints. He said they would be happy to replace the cost of my meal via a gift card that he would send out that day via U. S.Postal service. I had my doubts as to wether that was a good way to compensate a sick customer but agreed that it would be fine. That was two weeks ago. No reimbursment ever came.

Zuppa di pesce

This was delicious. Delicate, flavours of seafood, and savory herbs. The plate had a nice variety of mussles, shrimp and scallop. The scallop was seasoned and cooked absolutely superbly. I couldn’t identify the type of fish fillet used. The nice-sized octopus tentacle was unfortunately completely charred on the underside and inedible. Nicely sized serving. I took a little under half home.

Calamari 'Al Ferri' con Escarole e Faioli

This dish had a ‘nice’ round flavor. The calamari was tender and the beans were tasty. The dish, however, was nearly devoid of escarole, which was rather dissapointing. This is a dish we have had in ‘our italian family’ for generations and the escarole is a significant ingredient. It was missed.

Gnocchi con Anitra in Guazzetto

The gnocchi were tasty and delicate and with substance, not mushy. The duck sauce did not have a “ducky” flavor, which we had hoped for being fans of duck dishes. The dish was more sweet and spicy. We would have prefered a strong duck and savory flavor. We would not order it again.

momar930 photo

momar930

Try the Brunch!

Lidia’s offers a wonderful weekend brunch featuring a great selection of their pasta offerings, in addition to other selections, too. Priced at $22.00 per person including both tax and gratiuity, this is a meal that ensures you get what you pay for. Portions are very generous, and the service was truly first rate. Our large group was seated quickly and the server was extremely gracious and attentive. The food has earned the restaurant it’s reputation, that is for sure! My pasta trio offered such a nice variety of sauces, and each one left you wanting more…and oh, you can have more if you’d like!! The servers will refill your plates promptly, but be sure to save room for the selections from the dessert buffet, too! I could have camped out there for the weekend and been more than happy : )

mj123 photo

mj123

Canonsburg, PA

Very Good Brunch

I enjoyed brunch today with 15 friends at Lidia’s today. Lidia’s was very accomodating to our group providing friendly and courteous service. Our waitress was exceptional explaining the menu and how to order for brunch. The Mimosas were refreshing before the antipasta salad buffet which was so good. I chose the Lemon chicken with capers for my entree. The flavor was delicious and the chicken was tender. There was a beautiful dessert buffet of about 8 desserts . All were delicious. I will recommend Lidias to friends for brunch.

Italian American European
Milano's

Pizza in Oakland

Sakura Teppanyaki & Sushi

Japanese in Squirrel Hill South

Lidia's  Restaurant Reviews

Lidia's is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Lydia's Pittsburgh Menu, Lidia's Pittsburgh Menu, Lydia's Strip District, Lydia's Restaurant Pittsburgh, Lidia's Smallman Street, Lydia's Restaurant Pittsburgh Pa, Lydias Restaurant On The Strip, and Lidias In The Strip Pittsburgh.