815 W 17th St

mizzouatheart photo

mizzouatheart

Kansas City, MO

Perfect Date Night

This is my new favorite restaurant in KC. Located in an artsy Westside neighborhood, Lill’s on 17th is the kind of place you go to spend the evening in good conversation and a leisurely meal. Located in a two-story house on a hill, you enter a black iron gate and climb the stairs to a beautiful brick patio with about six or seven tables with clean white tablecloths and pretty flowers.
Our server was absolutely incredible. We started with white wine for Doug and sangria for me. The sangria was a special that night and was filled with limes and oranges in red wine. Very refreshing. Our favorite appetizer: the bacon-blue cheese filled mushrooms, but we were pleasantly surprised by the bacon-wrapped dates, their signature item. The house salads were especially lovely with a homemade dijon vinagrette. Doug’s filet was perfectly cooked. I enjoyed the cheese tray but was slightly disappointed in the empanadas. All in all, this place is a jewel and a must-visit in KC.

Bacon Wrapped Dates

Surprisingly tasty salty and sweet combo—try it!

bacon and blue cheese stuffed mushrooms

Heavenly. There are no chunks of bacon but you taste it in the background.

Empanadas

Baked in a flaky puff pastry. I would have preferred slightly more filling and a traditional pastry crust.

cheese, almond and olives tray

You can’t go wrong with manchego and olives, in my opinion. The paprika almonds were beautiful. My husband loved them but I thought they could have used more salt.

house salad

A truly lovely combination of greens, candied walnuts, red pepper rings, feta cheese, and the perfect dijon vinagrette

Italian Lunch Spanish

Lill's On 17th  Restaurant Reviews

Lill's On 17th is located near the cities of North Kansas City, Kansas City, and Rosedale.
People found this by searching for: Lill's Empenadas, Lill's On 17th Kansas City Menu, Lil's On 17th Menu, Lill's On 17th Menu, Lils In Kc, Lil's On 17th Kansas City Menu, Lil's On 17th Kansas City, Lills Restaurants 17th & Summit Kc Mo, and Lill's On 17th.