110 W Macarthur Blvd
Santa Ana, CA 92707-4990

Little Onion Mexican

Neighborhoods: Sandpointe
Cuisine: Mexican, Breakfast, Kid's Menu

Little Onion Mexican is a Mexican, Breakfast, and Kid's Menu restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Fresh and clean "
  • 7/01/2018

Pros
    Fresh and clean
  • 2/12/2015

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

fattiusthebear photo

fattiusthebear

Berkeley, CA

good mexican pizza!

I’m glad my friend recommended to eat here, because I thought it was very quality Mexican food. This place isn’t a very noticeable or large restaurant, and is in a corner. There is an authentic Mexican feel to the restaurant, which I always like. Since the place isn’t very obvious, and because I doubt a lot of people notice it, there was no wait.

Anyways, on to the food. They had a good variety of Mexican food, ranging from burritos, tacos, tamales, tostadas, and specialty plates. All the prices for the food are decent priced, and you won’t blow a lot of money here. Before your food comes, you get tortilla chips, which are alright, and also comes with a very spicy salsa. I ordered the Mexican pizza, because I like Taco Bell’s. It’s good to taste a quality made Mexican pizza. It was big, tasty, and somehow maintained some crispiness despite being drenched in sauces. Something that I felt was impressive was how the waiter was able to hold a few plate that were burning hot. It left a good impression. The food also came pretty quickly compared to other restaurants, which was nice.

Overall, I liked this place a lot since it has good prices, pretty solid service, delicious food, no wait, and a large variety. I definitely want to come back again some day to try something else on the menu.

Mexican Pizza

I got the large version, and it was pretty big. You get your choice of meat to go inside of the pizza and I got the string beef. It tasted great, and was filling. It left a good aftertaste in my mouth.

turtley photo

turtley

Irvine, CA

A Little bit of Onion never hurts

I’m a fan of Mexican food, though I unfortunately usually experience it through the medium of 24-hour fast food Mexican joints in San Diego. Normal Mexican restaurants are usually okay, but I thought Little Onion trumps them. The food was much cheaper than a place like El Torrito, but also better tasting. I got chorizo and egg, since i didn’t feel like eating the normal enchilada with other stuff combo plate. Egg never disappoints, and it came with tortillas and a “guacamole salad” (salad with guac on it). It made good tacos, since i could have guacamole, egg, chorizo, beans, and rice in it. I also got a tamale on the side, which was about what i expected, but not as good as the chorizo. Since it is a smaller place, the menu was also kinda dirty, which was kind of weird. Ultimately it gets five stars because it is cheap, tasty, and the atmosphere isn’t overwhelming.

Chorizo and Egg Plate

I really like it.

Tamales

Good, but average. The corn surrounding was a little overpowering compared to meat.

FoodieLuv photo

FoodieLuv

Irvine, CA

Great Food, Great Service

The chips and salsa are amazing and my mexican pizza was delicious. I will be going back for sure!

Mexican Pizza

Breakfast in Sandpointe

Subway

Sandwiches in Sandpointe

9/01/2019

A diner from Yuma, AZ tried Black Angus Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/27/2019

A diner from Santa Ana, CA tried Pizza Hut and liked it.

5/02/2019

A diner from Burbank, CA tried Adalberto's Mexican Food.

4/15/2019

A diner from CA tried Super Antojitos in Riverview.

3/28/2019

A diner from Santa Ana, CA tried La Chiquita Restaurant in Logan, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great food, chips, salsa
Comments
Love this place. Best beans I have tasted.
3/12/2019

A Mexican food lover from Santa Clara, CA tried Arsenio's.

3/03/2019

A Japanese chowhound from Irvine, CA tried San Kai Japanese Restaurant.

1/30/2019

A dining patron from Cypress, CA tried La Chiquita Restaurant in Logan.

1/04/2019

A Breakfast chowhound from Lake Elsinore, CA tried Fairview Char-Broiler, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/28/2018

A dining patron from US tried Happy Burrito Restaurant.

Mexican Breakfast Kid's Menu

Little Onion Mexican  Restaurant Reviews

Little Onion Mexican is located near the cities of Tustin and Orange County.
People found this by searching for: The Little Onion Santa Ana, Little Onion Mexican, Little Onion, The Little Onion, Little Onion Santa Ana Menu, Little Onion Sa, Little Onion Menu, Little Onion Santa Ana, and Littleonionrestaurant.