4718 Clairemont Mesa Blvd

Cuisine: Lunch, Mongolian, Chinese

irisblu1981 photo

irisblu1981

Covina, CA

Come here often in the winter for Mongolian...

Come here often in the winter for Mongolian hot pot. I really like their broth/soup base – it’s got an herbal, rustic sort of taste to it that’s one of a kind and very good. The meats are good enough quality for me. Would also recommend their glass noodles for the pot. Not cheap, I think about $20-25 per person.

turtley photo

turtley

Irvine, CA

Unique Hot Pot Experience

Little Sheep Hot Pot offers a different brand of eating hot pot: mongolian style. Instead of just having a big ol’ pot of piping hot water which you throw water in, the pot is split into two halves: a spicy side and a non-spicy side. Each side is filled with herbs and spices, which is what flavors the meats and veggies that are cooked inside it. Rather than having sauces (such as Satay or Peanut at a chinese hot pot), you just take a scoop of the soup in the pot or just eat straight out of the pot.

The food is pretty good, although I personally prefer chinese hot pot (which I’m only on decent terms with). There is a bit too many peppers in the spicy side (the better-tasting side), which start to invade your bowl and you’ll inevitably eat some (not fun). The non-hot pot items, such as a meat pastry or fried bun are good though. It was nice that when we were there, we got a 15% discount since we had birthdays in the month of September (I don’t know if they do it for every month). I’d recommend this place if you want to experiment with a new take on hot pot, or are just plain tired of chinese hot pot (and trust me, its easy to get tired of).

Hot Pot Dinner Lunch

Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot & Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot & Grill is located near the cities of San Diego County, Hillcrest, Coronado, and Old Town San Diego.
People found this by searching for: Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot Price, Little Sheep Hot Pot San Diego Hours, Little Sheep Hot Pot, Mongolian Hot Pot San Diego, Littlesheephotpot.Com, Little Sheep San Diego Chinese Menu, and Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot & Grill.