Longhorn Steakhouse

Neighborhoods: The Congaree Vista
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Lunch, Breakfast

Longhorn Steakhouse is a Steakhouse, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 9/15/2014

A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it.

• 6/29/2014

A diner from Miami, FL tried it and liked it.

• 6/06/2014

A Steakhouse food lover from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 8/02/2013

A dining patron from US tried it and didn't like it. They liked the food and liked the service.

Not great but not awful

I am actually not a huge fan of Longhorn. Why? The servers and nice and food comes quickly. But this is a Steakhouse, right. I am not all that impressed with the steaks and if that is what you are supposed to be all about I am surprised. I want my steak more tender and less salty I guess.

However the restaurant is not completely awful. The side dishes are really good (omg get a baked sweet potato) and there is non-steak food there too.

sharon1188 photo

sharon1188

Washington, DC

BEST steaks!

I just came from dinner at the Longhorn. I have frequently eaten at upscale steak restaurants such as Ruth’s Chris and Morton’s. But I just had the best steak of my life at Longhorn. I come to Columbia several times a year for work, and I always make it a point to eat at Longhorn at least once each trip. Sometimes twice. This was my second Outlaw Rib-eye this week, and it was pure heaven.

In addition, the service here cannot be beaten. I have had to on several occasions send my plate back because the meat was not cooked enough. But that’s because it took me a while to figure out that in Columbia, medium rare is rarer than in my hometown of DC. So now I’ve learned to order it medium, and it’s been perfect ever since. But even after having to repeatedly send my food back, I always kept coming back because the service is so darned good!!!

Outlaw Ribeye

StationRipper photo

StationRipper

Columbia, SC

Pretty good

While Columbia doesn’t have a lot of steak houses, there’s always Longhorn’s :)

I’m a big fan of the Prime rib. The burgers are also very good, as is almost everything I’ve tried on the menu. Service is ALWAYS good, but there can be a bit of a wait. While they don’t take reservations, you can do call-ahead seating (highly recommended!)

6/26/2017

An American food lover from Georgetown, SC tried Shoney's Restaurant.

6/24/2017

A dining patron from Columbia, SC tried Baan Sawan in Five Points.

6/24/2017

A dining patron from FL tried Bridget's HomeStyle Kitchen.

6/23/2017

A diner from US tried Pizza Hut, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/21/2017

A dining patron from Greenville, SC tried Bar None in Five Points, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/21/2017

An Italian chowhound from Myrtle Beach, SC tried Travinia Italian Kitchen Northeast.

6/19/2017

An American chowhound from Myrtle Beach, SC tried Lizard's Thicket.

6/19/2017

A Chinese food lover from US tried Jin's Hibachi & Chinese.

6/19/2017

A Chinese food lover from Florence, SC tried Chen's Chinese Restaurant.

6/17/2017

A Subs chowhound from Columbia, SC tried Firehouse Subs and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

Steakhouse Lunch Breakfast
Tips
  • Longhorn is notably kid-friendly--after being given crayons and coloring sheets, youngsters can order off an exceptionally affordable kids' menu.

From CityGrid:

Grill Master Favorites: Boldly seasoned & expertly grilled, try our NEW Hickory Salt Crusted Filet, Grilled Hawaiian Salmon or Outlaw Ribeye.
At LongHorn Steakhouse, we pride ourselves on our fresh, boldly seasoned & expertly grilled steaks. We also serve up fresh seafood, juicy chicken & fall-off-the-bone ribs slow roasted in our homemade BBQ sauce. We strive to be the best steakhouse in everything we do. One visit and you'll experience our grill master's Legendary Steaks like our center-cut Flo's Filet or Prime Rib. Try bold flavors from our seasonal Chef's Showcase Menu or signature entrees like Parmesan Crusted Chicken or LongHorn Salmon. Our lunch menu also features over 30 different combinations, including our LongHorn salads and Steakhouse burgers. And don't forget to save room for our Chocolate Stampede. Come in today & enjoy what we call a "cut-above" experience - delicious food & great service in a relaxing atmosphere.. Established in 1981
Founded in Atlanta by George McKerrow,Jr.,LongHorn Steakhouse began with one man's passion for perfect steak but very few guests to convince. Then a freak snowstorm hit Atlanta in 1982,stranding motorists and drawing them to one of the only hospitable places available - a restaurant then called LongHorn Steaks Restaurant & Saloon. Tales of expertly grilled steaks soon spread like wildfire,and the legend of LongHorn was born.
Today,LongHorn welcomes diners to a modern,relaxing dining experience,with knowledgeable servers offering the finest fresh steaks,chicken and seafood expertly prepared as only LongHorn can.
Beyond legendary steaks done right,LongHorn is also known for being a positive force in the community. Each day,the restaurant gathers unused,fresh food that wasn't served & donates it to local community food banks. LongHorn Steakhouse is proud to give back to the local community and help make a difference in the lives of others.

• Three more reasons to come in tonight. Choose from our NEW Hickory Salt Crusted Filet, Grilled Hawaiian Salmon or Outlaw Ribeye.

Longhorn Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

Longhorn Steakhouse is located near the cities of Market Center, West Columbia, Forest Acres, and Cayce.
People found this by searching for: Longhorn Gervais Street, Longhorn Steakhouse Columbia Sc, Longhorn Steakhouse, Longhorn's Gervais, Long Horns Gervais Street, Longhorn Gervais, Longhorn Steakhouse Gervais, and Longhorn Restraurant Vista.