2071 31st St SW
Allentown, PA 18103-6548

Louie's

Cuisine: Italian, Burgers, Chicken

Louie's is a Italian, Burgers, and Chicken restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Great food, service and environment."
"Great food, great service, great environment!"
"Food overcooked. Server stinks "
Cons
"Service and cook "
Comments
"Fantastic as always!!"
"Not worth trip"
  • 6/05/2018

An Italian chowhound from Bethlehem, PA tried it.

• 4/14/2017

An Italian chowhound from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great food, service and environment.
  • 9/13/2013

A diner from Emmaus, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great food, great service, great environment!
    Comments
    Fantastic as always!!
  • 9/10/2013

An Italian chowhound from Allentown, PA tried it and liked it.

• 8/12/2013

A dining patron from US tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Food overcooked. Server stinks
    Cons
    Service and cook
    Comments
    Not worth trip
    Pasta-mushroom-300x199

Richard_F photo

Richard_F

Fountain Hill, PA

Good, hearty Italian Food, homey atmosphere

Louie’s has been serving great food for many years, and now that they’ve moved to SW Allentown, parking and elbow room has increased greatly.

They have many good appetizers, my favorite is the rice balls. Sometimes the appetizers ‘rotate’ like specials so look for others that are only occasional.

Their entrées are pretty much standard fare for local Italian restaurants, but they are well-prepared and delicious. The manicotti shells are very thin crepe like shells filled with ricotta cheese mixture, not the usual thick ‘noodle’ used by a lot of other restaurants.

Servers have always been prompt and friendly, even on busy days. There’s also live entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays. Some acts seem better than others, but that’s a matter of taste – you may like something I don’t.

All-in-all, a very good place to eat Italian.

manicotti

The manicotti shells are very thin crepe like shells filled with ricotta cheese mixture, not the usual thick ‘noodle’ used by a lot of other restaurants. Very good, light texture and smooth, tasty cheese mixture.

zhendude photo

zhendude

Mertztown, PA

Love this place!

I recently visited Louie’s again after long hiatus and to my suprise, they had moved. The location is much nicer with much better parking. The food and the service were just like I remembered them, incredible! You have to try the stuffed hot cherry peppers! My mouth is watering now just thinking about them.

Franklikestoeat photo

Franklikestoeat

Bethlehem, PA

Louie MUST Be Joking

If you have an expectation that food you order actually makes it to your table, this place is not for you.

The sad part is that I’m 100% serious.

On our first visit there we ordered soup, something for the kids, and Louie’s “Special” Brick Oven Pizza. Items marked with an “L” were supposed to be specialties of the house. This Pizza was so we thought it was a sure bet.

Let’s start with the soup, an Italian classic – Chicken Pastene. Well it was hot. However, it was not seasoned at all and had a burned taste.

Next up was the House Special Pizza. After about 25 minutes the restaurant filled with smoke. You can’t make this stuff up. To my wife’s credit she predicted that was our Pizza. Five minutes later the waiter came over and said our pizza was “almost ready.”

I asked him if it was ours that burned. He smiled and said “yes.” Okay, well stuff happens. We’ll wait for the re-make. Twenty minutes later it still had not arrived. Did you ever make a Pizza? I have at home and in restaurants. At restaurant oven temperatures it takes about five minutes.

Needless to say we asked for our check and left hungry.

I won’t even take the time to comment on the kids’ pasta. Especially to Italians sauce [gravy] and meatballs carry very personal preferences. I’ll cut Louie a break and keep my opinion to myself. The facts about the rest of the experience are what they are.

I said this was our first visit; It’s our last as well.

Pizza

We don’t know. It never arrived!!!

5/04/2022

A diner from US tried Wun WU Chinese Kitchen.

4/05/2022

A dining patron from Allentown, PA tried Charlie Brown's Steak House and liked it.

3/21/2022

A diner from Flemington, NJ tried Old Country Buffet and liked it. They liked the food.

1/15/2022

A Chinese chowhound from Dover, DE tried China Wok and rated it . They didn't like the food and didn't like the service.

Pros
This is the first time i order from this establishment. and my last one! If you can treat a customer like that, imagine what they can do to your food. I was waiting for food i had ordered. when another customer who had been there when i walked in, sim
11/20/2021

A dining patron from Schnecksville, PA tried Lee's Hoagie House.

11/16/2021

An American chowhound from US tried Paddock and liked it. They liked the food and liked the ambiance.

10/28/2021

A diner from Allentown, PA tried El Tipico Restaurant.

9/27/2021

A dining patron from Bethlehem, PA tried Old Country Buffet.

9/07/2021

A dining patron from Schnecksville, PA tried Commix Hotel.

8/27/2021

A diner from Allentown, PA tried New China Garden and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Italian Burgers Chicken
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM

Louie's  Restaurant Reviews

Louie's is located near the cities of Fullerton, Lehigh Valley, Stiles, Hokendauqua, and South Whitehall Township.
People found this by searching for: Louies Restaurant Allentown, Louis Restaurant In Pa Menu, Louies Restaurant In Allentown, Louies Allentown Pa, Louies Italian Rest Allentown, Lous Pizza Allentown Pa., Louie's Allentown Pa Logo, Louie's Allentown, and Reviews Of Louie's Resturant Allentown Pa..