19891 Brookhurst St
Huntington Beach, CA 92646-4259

Loving Hut Vegan Cuisine

Neighborhoods: Adams
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan, Vietnamese

Loving Hut Vegan Cuisine is a Vegetarian, Vegan, and Vietnamese restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $10 and $25.

Overall
Pros
"Owner was super friendly and informative. Great tasting food that even a meat eater could enjoy. Good value."
Comments
"Try the cream cheese wontons!"
  • 10/15/2015

A dining patron from Elk Grove, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/21/2014

A Vegetarian chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/13/2014

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 1/27/2014

Pros
    Comments
    Try the cream cheese wontons!
  • 7/07/2013

A Vegetarian chowhound from Huntington Beach, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

Love Thy Self....say no to Animals

It was the name, “Loving Hut” that drew me as I was rushing about today on Christmas Eve to get the last of my shopping done. I was pulling into one of my favorite nail salons in Huntington Beach when I noticed a sign advertising the grand opening of Loving Hut, a vegan restaurant.

Oooh, I’ve never eaten vegan before. I’ve been eating vegetarian for most of the month of December so far except the weekends when I allow myself meat – hey I gotta start slowly.

As soon as my nail polish was dry, I high tailed it next door and walked into a converted fast food chinese joint. They just had their grand opening this past Thursday so they were brand NEW! The menu signs above from the previous joint hadn’t been changed yet.

I quickly was greeted by the most lovely and gentle soul, Viet, who was all smiles when he enthusiastically explained the concept of this Vietnamese vegan restaurant. He is the brother of the owner and her chef husband. He was very proud of all of their menu items. “We use no honey or animal products” he explained proudly.

When I asked about how this concept of Vietnamese Vegan fusion came about, he beamed, “I belong to a wonderful meditation group,” pointing to his cap that was emblazoned with http://www.suprememast…, “and our master has asked to adopt better ways of living to be more globally conscious. The icebergs are melting.”

No I didn’t think he had too much of that punch to drink. I knew he was very sincere and very very excited about this venture that was life changing. He was also very excited by my enthusiasm to have found an Asian owned business that was so very environmentally conscious. How could I NOT support this business? Viet truly is an adorable man. He allowed me to take all sorts of pictures and answered so many of my questions regarding the ingredients. I should have written it all down as my memory is a bit sketchy now.

Here’s what I ordered as take out because I still needed to run to a few stores to finish my Christmas shopping:

• Lemon Grass Chk’n – Vegan chk’n (soy and wheat gluten) sauteed in fragrant lemon grass and chili served on a bed of greens and white rice. Brown rice was by request. I was too busy chatting with Viet to remember to request the brown rice.
  • Pho – Vermicelli Rice Noodles in fragrant broth with oyster king mushrooms and some other kind of mushrooms (that’s a bit more yellow in color and looks alot like jelly fish but its not) with fresh bean sprouts and basil leaves. There was also some chk’n included that’s also made out of soy and wheat gluten.
  • Banana Coconut Cake that contained no milk or honey. Viet threw this in for free for me. He truly was a delight and I’m so touched by his generosity.

My bill would have come out to under $20, but with the free cake and discount Viet gave me, I paid $13 for all of the above. Not bad either way for 2 people.

They did pack everything in those recyclable containers although I’m not sure about the plastic containers that contain the broth. I told Viet that I’d call him with the info on the sugar based biodegradable plastic containers that the other Vegetarian cafe near my office uses. He seemed very excited about receiving this information.

Nothing but feel good love and energy in this little Loving Hut. Now that I"m home, I can see its a chain of franchised restaurants, and I’m very excited about continuing to patronize all of them because they are trying to make a difference in the world and they are Asian owned. I wish them all the success in the world and can easily see them being embraced by both the Asian and mainstream communities.

The food really rocks. As my first time eating vegan, here’s my honest reaction to the food. Its not as spicy as I would normally associate with Vietnamese food. That’s probably because I didn’t ask for the fish flavored spicy broth that I usually drown my Vietnamese pho, spring rolls, etc on. I should have asked him what substitute they used for the fish broth. The soy wheat gluten “meat” has a very interesting texture. The viscosity is a bit firmer than actual real meat. Its much more compact and flat, thus dense, if that makes sense. Either way, its still very good. The lemon chili spices definitely made a difference. I will try this chain again and next time will ask for them to make it extra spicy hot the way I prefer it. But its still yummy just the way it is.

The cake was also my first vegan dessert. It was very good. Again, the cake was more dense than a cake should be. It tasted like a carrot cake even though it was banana and coconut flavored.

Lemon Grass Chk'n at Loving Hut

Lemon Grass Chk'n

Lemon Grass Chk’n – Vegan chk’n (soy and wheat gluten) sauteed in fragrant lemon grass and chili served on a bed of greens and white rice. Brown rice was by request. I was too busy chatting with Viet to remember to request the brown rice. ----this was incredibly TASTY as a first time vegan. I would eat this all the time if vegetarian food tasted like this.

Vegetarian Vegan Vietnamese

Loving Hut Vegan Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Loving Hut Vegan Cuisine is located near the cities of Huntington, Huntingtn Bch, and North Coast.
People found this by searching for: Loving Hut Huntington Beach Menu, Loving Hut Huntington Beach, Vegan Restaurant On Brookhurst, Vegetarian Food Restaurant On Brookhurst, The Loving Hut Huntington Beach, Loving Hut Vegan Cuisine Menu, Loving Hut Menu Calories, Vegan Restaurant Adams Ave Beookhurst, and Are There Alot Of Calories In The Loving Hut Vegan Food.