514 Main St
Evanston, IL 60202-1815

Lucky Platter

Neighborhoods: Evanston
Cuisine: Diner, American, Eclectic

Lucky Platter is a Diner, American, and Eclectic restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Food was undercooked "
Cons
"Everything "
Comments
"Gross. Stay away"
  • 8/30/2014

A Diner chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Food was undercooked
    Cons
    Everything
    Comments
    Gross. Stay away
Someonesmom photo

Someonesmom

Evanston, IL

Well, we tried to eat at the Lucky Platter...

I went with my husband and daughter to the Lucky Platter. We were promptly seated and given water --- and then somehow, we became invisible for 45 minutes. I thought there might be a mistake & the waitress went off-shift, so after 25 minutes, we asked a waitress passing by whether someone could take our order and she said “sure, sure” and walked away. 20 minutes later, still sitting there and seeing everyone else around us who had arrived later get their food, we got up and walked out. On the way out, the proprietor/lady-who-showed-to-our-table, gave us a very strange look. We said nothing to her. I swear, we were not strangely dressed, not noisy and not (given my daughter’s teen-aged state and my profession as an attorney) particularly obnoxious (except to each other). In most other restaurants, we are friendly with the waitstaff and routinely leave 20% tips. This was pretty bad, so we won’t be returning.

water

All we we got at the Lucky Platter was water. It was very nice water, but we didn’t get a refill and they didn’t seem to care whether or not we got anything with the water.

tobrien photo

tobrien

Evanston, IL

Good breakfast

Lucky Platter has great breakfast. Even though it’ll pack on the pounds quickly, the flaky is not to be missed. Dinner is great here as well, but I more a fan of the breakfast fare.

michellej photo

michellej

Chicago, IL

My brother lives in the area so he was the one...

My brother lives in the area so he was the one who introduced me to this place. People say it’s “eclectic American comfort food” and it is. I always look forward to coming here b/c they have something to offer other than the usual.

The last time I was here I got their Tandoori Chicken Salad, oh delicious! Their Caribbean Pumpkin soup is a must-try!!! My friends and I had their version of the elotes… and they should just leave that to the Mexican vendors of Chicago.

I look forward to coming back here… and soon!

_erica_ photo

_erica_

Columbia, SC

Quirky and tasty

The decor of this diner-like restaurant is pretty eclectic and unusual. We had a really good meal, though. My spouse had one of their benedict specialties, and I had the Montana Hash (scrambled eggs next to vegetable-potato hash).

My favorite was the ginger fruit salad. Unlike a standard fruit salad, which is sweet, this is slightly spicy and covered with cilantro and onions. This accentuates all the flavors and turns the fruit into a truly unique treat. I’d come back here just for that alone.

Flaky at Lucky Platter

Flaky

We got this on the side to feed a toddler, and ended up sneaking nibbles of it (to his consternation). A “flaky” is aptly named — flaky puff pastry, with sweet cheese and apricot jam filling. Definitely a delectable creation.

Diner American Eclectic
Mon-Sat 03:00PM - 10:00PM
Sun 07:00AM - 02:00PM
Sun 03:00PM - 09:00PM
Mon-Sat 07:00AM - 02:00PM

Lucky Platter  Restaurant Reviews

Lucky Platter is located near the cities of Skokie, Rogers Park, Niles Township, Wilmette, and West Rogers Park.
People found this by searching for: Lucky Platter Lincolnwood, Lucky Platter Evanston, Lucky Platter Restaurant, Evanston, Il, Lucky Platter Menu, Lucky Platter In Evanston Menu, People Most Lucky Platter., and Lucky Platter Yelp.