27 University Ave

MacArthur Park Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Stanford University
Cuisine: American, Breakfast, Lunch

• 5/18/2015

An American food lover from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 11/19/2013

A diner from South San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.

musicody photo

musicody

Santa Clara, CA

I went to MacArthur Park with a large group of...

I went to MacArthur Park with a large group of co-workers. Overall the food was very good, the ambience quaint and elegant, and the service just ok.

The location is a challenge for the restaurant. I used Google Maps to find it, but I passed it by mistake. A couple of my co-workers admitted to doing the same thing. You can hardly see the restaurant from the road, so look carefully!

The restaurant is a very nice ranch-style building. The inside has seating on two levels, all open to the main room. There were several large parties celebrating various occasions.

My understanding is the place is famous for barbeque. However, my party ordered barbeque and ate it while I was still driving around trying to find the place.

To start, I ordered the Baby Spinach Salad. Very nice and fresh, with a nice lemon vinaigrette (maybe a little too heavy on the lemon). I continued with the 8 oz. Filet Mignon, which was incredibly tender and well seasoned. I ordered medium rare, and that’s what I got. The ‘fresh’ steamed vegetables on the side seemed like the pre-frozen type that comes from a bag. A few of us ended up splitting the Cheesecake, the Creme Brulee and the Apple Crisp. The apple crisp was my favorite; one of the best I’ve had. My coworkers voted for the creme brulee (it was a tough decision). The cheesecake was nothing remarkable.

The service was very slow. Perhaps it was all the large parties. My group had a reservation for 6:30, and the main course wasn’t served until around 8:30. Dessert was served close to 10.

The waiter was not the best either. I originally ordered the Pear Salad, but he told me it was big and I should order a different one. I ordered his suggestion. When I looked at the menu, I noticed the two salads were the same price. Later, after a coworker asked for his entree to go because it was taking so long, the waiter ran in the back and started bringing out plates. He returned to my friend and said “don’t worry, I’m stealing them from another order.” If that’s true, that’s poor service for the other table. I also thought it was rather coincidental that the other table happened to order the same food we did… He then served me the wrong entree, then insisted that’s what I had ordered, rather than just bringing me what I wanted and apologizing for the confusion.

Overall, however, the food was worth the wait, and the atmosphere was perfect for large parties, yet elegant and cozy enough for smaller groups as well. Maybe not the best place for a romantic outing.

I would definitely eat there again.

Sunday brunch was pretty decent. Good...

Sunday brunch was pretty decent. Good selection of pastries and desserts (good scones), breakfast foods, with waffle and omelette bar. They had their signature ribs (decent) and some kind of roast beef (ick). My complaint would be our waitress, who could NOT track at all, and the fact that I think she may have grabbed our cutlery and plates out of the dirty bin — everything was a bit on the sticky side or covered in crumbs, and I mean COVERED.

American Outdoor seating Parking
Mon-Fri 11:30AM - 12:00AM
Mon-Fri 05:30PM - 10:30PM
Sat 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Sun 10:00AM - 12:00AM
Sun 12:00AM - 12:00AM

MacArthur Park Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

MacArthur Park Restaurant is located near the cities of East Palo Alto, Santa Clara County, Stanford, Menlo Park, and Mountain.
People found this by searching for: Mac Donald Park Restuarant In Palo Alto What Was It Used Oringlly, Mc Arthur Park Palo Alto Ca, Macathur Park Restaurant Usa, Macarthur Park Palo Alto, Mcarthur Park Restaurant Palo Alto, Macarthur Park Restaurant, and Macarthur Park Menu.