7905 Mcknight Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237-3035

Mad Mex

Cuisine: Mexican, Lunch, Breakfast

Mad Mex is a Mexican, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

booklover13 photo

booklover13

Pittsburgh, PA

I was not impressed

I hate giving reviews that are nothing but bad but I don’t have anything good to say about my experience at Mad Mex except it was nice to be there with friends.

First off, I am not a big Mexican fan but I can usually find something I will eat there. When you don’t like peppers or anything spicy it normally narrows down the choices but that’s okay. However, in this case, I had a very hard time finding something. I settled for taco salad without roasted peppers and jalapenos but when it came it seemed they cut up an entire onion to make up for the lack of peppers. I ate about 10 bites of it. Seven of those bites were of the tortilla bowl.

Second, it was so dark in the corner we were sitting in, we all had to get out our phones or small flashlights to read the menu. Call me crazy, but doesn’t the restaurant get more orders if the diner can read the menu? Also because it was so dark, that was another reason I didn’t eat much of the salad. I had no idea what ingredient I was actually putting on my fork. That grosses me out a bit.

Third, the music was so loud I could not hear any of the girls at the other end of the table. Heck, I could barely hear the woman across from me! We were not in a dance club so what was the point of that?

I guess I should have gone with a thought I had while reading the menu and just waited for dessert! I definitely won’t be going back.

SL05: Taco Salad

June 13, 2006

Great authentic mexican

I'm surprised the other reviewers only gave this place 3 stars. This is as close as you get get to Tex-Mex without actually having to go to Texas. There are a lot of original choices on the menu, and there's sure to be something for…
March 24, 2006

Another authentic mexican restaurant

When I was in college we went to the Mad Mex in Oakland pretty much weekly. So when I moved to the North Hills I was totally psyched that they opened one so close to me. The food is really great here and very reasonably priced, but the…

11/15/2018

A diner from US tried Lillen's Restaurant in East Allegheny and liked it. They liked the food.

11/11/2018

An Italian chowhound from Waterford, MI tried Salpietro Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/10/2018

A Diner chowhound from Upper Darby, PA tried Drew's Family Restaurant.

11/09/2018

A diner from Beverly Hills, CA tried Olive Garden.

11/08/2018

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried Armstrong's.

11/07/2018

A Sandwiches food lover from US tried Parker's PGH, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/04/2018

A dining patron from Philadelphia, PA tried Maietta Restaurant in Mt. Oliver Boro and liked it.

11/04/2018

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried Poli's Restaurant & Catering in Squirrel Hill South.

11/03/2018

A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried Pho Minh in Garfield.

11/01/2018

An American food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried Minimitch Quick Stop in Downtown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Mexican Lunch Breakfast
Tips
  • During weekday happy hour, all margaritas, drafts and wings are half price.
  • A separate menu strictly for tequila lovers allows patrons to sample three different top shelf liquors for cheap.
Milano's

Pizza in Oakland

Sakura Teppanyaki & Sushi

Japanese in Squirrel Hill South

Mad Mex  Restaurant Reviews

Mad Mex is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Mad Mex Menu Mcknight Road, Mad Mex Tuesday Specials Mcknight Road, Menue For Mad Mex On Mcknight Road, Mad Mex Sharpsburg, Eat This Not That Mad Mex, Cheap Margaritas 15237, and Mad Mex Menu.