7905 Mcknight Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237-3035

Mad Mex

Cuisine: Mexican, Lunch, Breakfast

Mad Mex is a Mexican, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

booklover13 photo

booklover13

Pittsburgh, PA

I was not impressed

I hate giving reviews that are nothing but bad but I don’t have anything good to say about my experience at Mad Mex except it was nice to be there with friends.

First off, I am not a big Mexican fan but I can usually find something I will eat there. When you don’t like peppers or anything spicy it normally narrows down the choices but that’s okay. However, in this case, I had a very hard time finding something. I settled for taco salad without roasted peppers and jalapenos but when it came it seemed they cut up an entire onion to make up for the lack of peppers. I ate about 10 bites of it. Seven of those bites were of the tortilla bowl.

Second, it was so dark in the corner we were sitting in, we all had to get out our phones or small flashlights to read the menu. Call me crazy, but doesn’t the restaurant get more orders if the diner can read the menu? Also because it was so dark, that was another reason I didn’t eat much of the salad. I had no idea what ingredient I was actually putting on my fork. That grosses me out a bit.

Third, the music was so loud I could not hear any of the girls at the other end of the table. Heck, I could barely hear the woman across from me! We were not in a dance club so what was the point of that?

I guess I should have gone with a thought I had while reading the menu and just waited for dessert! I definitely won’t be going back.

SL05: Taco Salad

June 13, 2006

Great authentic mexican

I'm surprised the other reviewers only gave this place 3 stars. This is as close as you get get to Tex-Mex without actually having to go to Texas. There are a lot of original choices on the menu, and there's sure to be something for…
March 24, 2006

Another authentic mexican restaurant

When I was in college we went to the Mad Mex in Oakland pretty much weekly. So when I moved to the North Hills I was totally psyched that they opened one so close to me. The food is really great here and very reasonably priced, but the…

7/14/2018

A dining patron from US tried Cafe Milano in Downtown and liked it.

7/11/2018

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried Nicky's Grant Street in Downtown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Food is great! Breakfast is outstanding - great over-easy eggs, great home fries, bacon and toast. I love the ambiance but I like people. Nicky is most always there and always gives you a shout and some love. And, you bump into others you know. Food
Cons
Never had a negative experience.
Comments
God Bless each of you and your families, richly, for generations to come, Peace ~
7/11/2018

A dining patron from New Kensington, PA tried Madonna's Restaurant in Downtown.

7/09/2018

An Italian chowhound from Hamilton, 03 tried Pasta Piatto.

7/08/2018

A Chinese chowhound from US tried Hunan Wok Chinese Takeout in Carrick.

7/08/2018

An Ice Cream chowhound from Glenshaw, PA tried Joe Zeppi's Frozen Treats and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

DIRECT ADS (not accurate sizing)
7/07/2018

A chowhound from Coraopolis, PA tried Riverside Bar & Grill in Esplen.

7/06/2018

A Chinese food lover from US tried Wok & Grill in Downtown, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

7/04/2018

An Irish chowhound from Homestead, PA tried Sieb's Pub, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/03/2018

A Donuts food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried Dunkin' Donuts in Carrick.

Mexican Lunch Breakfast
Tips
  • During weekday happy hour, all margaritas, drafts and wings are half price.
  • A separate menu strictly for tequila lovers allows patrons to sample three different top shelf liquors for cheap.

Mad Mex  Restaurant Reviews

Mad Mex is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Mad Mex Menu Mcknight Road, Mad Mex Tuesday Specials Mcknight Road, Mad Mex Menu, Mad Mex Sharpsburg, Cheap Margaritas 15237, Eat This Not That Mad Mex, and Menue For Mad Mex On Mcknight Road.