7905 Mcknight Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237-3035

Mad Mex

Cuisine: Mexican, Lunch, Breakfast

Mad Mex is a Mexican, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

booklover13 photo

booklover13

Pittsburgh, PA

I was not impressed

I hate giving reviews that are nothing but bad but I don’t have anything good to say about my experience at Mad Mex except it was nice to be there with friends.

First off, I am not a big Mexican fan but I can usually find something I will eat there. When you don’t like peppers or anything spicy it normally narrows down the choices but that’s okay. However, in this case, I had a very hard time finding something. I settled for taco salad without roasted peppers and jalapenos but when it came it seemed they cut up an entire onion to make up for the lack of peppers. I ate about 10 bites of it. Seven of those bites were of the tortilla bowl.

Second, it was so dark in the corner we were sitting in, we all had to get out our phones or small flashlights to read the menu. Call me crazy, but doesn’t the restaurant get more orders if the diner can read the menu? Also because it was so dark, that was another reason I didn’t eat much of the salad. I had no idea what ingredient I was actually putting on my fork. That grosses me out a bit.

Third, the music was so loud I could not hear any of the girls at the other end of the table. Heck, I could barely hear the woman across from me! We were not in a dance club so what was the point of that?

I guess I should have gone with a thought I had while reading the menu and just waited for dessert! I definitely won’t be going back.

SL05: Taco Salad

Mexican Lunch Breakfast
Milano's

Pizza in Oakland

Sakura Teppanyaki & Sushi

Japanese in Squirrel Hill South

Mad Mex  Restaurant Reviews

Mad Mex is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Mad Mex Menu Mcknight Road, Mad Mex Tuesday Specials Mcknight Road, Mad Mex Sharpsburg, Eat This Not That Mad Mex, Cheap Margaritas 15237, Mad Mex Menu, and Menue For Mad Mex On Mcknight Road.