492 S Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101-3514

magnolia lounge

Neighborhoods: South Pasadena
Cuisine: American, Casual dining, Bar

magnolia lounge is a American, Casual dining, and Bar restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

DonnaMarie photo

DonnaMarie

Glendora, CA

Cramped

Specialty drinks are never on special for any Happy Hours. The Happy Hour well drinks are weak and the same price of a normal drink at a regular bar. The appetizers are half price, but servings are small so they do not feel discounted. I don’t feel like it is happy hour at all. Food is decent, but no better than many other places I have been too, including Claim Jumper.

While the atmosphere is sophisticated, chic, and cozy, It is very crowded and small and you often get stuck sitting in the entrance “hallway” and/or struggling with your food on the tiny little tables or box-tables they offer.

good for booze

this place has a lot of fun drink and the venue is super cool. it used to be an old school speakeasy during the prohibition era. the appetizers are pretty delish but it’s not exactly a place to eat dinner.

magnolia salad

the magnolia salad is delish but its really only the hearts (the white part) of romaine lettuce.

burger

burger was pretty good… but not exactly the biggest bang for your buck.

sangrini (alchol)

super tasty.

mac and cheese

mac and cheese here is pretty yummy. but it does take a long time to cook.

ldf photo

ldf

Burbank, CA

Happy Hour Not So Happy---

I had never visited Magnolia until my friends invited a group of us for a going away get together. We went during the week for Happy Hour which was anything but. The waitress asked what I would like to drink and I pointed out on the menu the $5 well drink. She then asked what kind of vodka I would like and began to tell me all the different vodka’s they had – I chose one and asked for it to be a tall one. She brought the drink to me which was in a well glass. It took quite awhile to get the tall as I ordered. When I was getting ready to leave, I gave her $6 and she was suprised – she said Oh do you want the rest of the bill on your card? I was shocked when she handed my the bill for almost $17. I asked what this was for and she said that I had chosen a vodka. We went round and round and then the manager just said this is what you ordered – It was not a happy hour drink. On top of that, they automatically added a $2.65 tip. Needless to say – I’m letting everyone know that “happy hour” didn’t turn out to be so “happy”. I’m just wondering how many others had this happen. BE AWARE Also, the setting is not good for large parties – very cramped, very noisy – no room for the food we ordered – Couldn’t hear the person next to me – I think it might be the tin on the ceiling.

Pop Champagne & Dessert Bar

Bakery & Pastries in South

Subway

Sandwiches in South

12/02/2019

A diner from US tried Tender Greens, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
best ever olive oil cake and nac and cheese
11/30/2019

A dining patron from Pasadena, CA tried Reyns Coffee Shop in West Central.

11/24/2019

A Deli chowhound from South Pasadena, CA tried The Honeybaked Ham Company in San Marino.

9/16/2019

An American chowhound from US tried Kathleen's Restaurant in West Central.

9/10/2019

A diner from US tried Top Restaurant in South East.

8/24/2019

An American food lover from US tried Reyns Coffee Shop in West Central.

8/10/2019

A diner from US tried Yuca's.

8/07/2019

A diner from Mexico, 09 tried Los Gueros Grill in East Central.

7/28/2019

A dining patron from US tried Domenico's Italian Restaurant in PresidentStreets, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Fast friendly and conveient locaation
7/07/2019

A food lover from Altadena, CA tried Shawerma Masters, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Very tasty.
American Reservations Casual dining

magnolia lounge  Restaurant Reviews

magnolia lounge is located near the cities of South Pasadena and San Marino.
People found this by searching for: Magnolias In Pasadena, Magnolia Pasadena Happy Hour Menu, Magnolia Lounge Pasadena Menu, Magnolias Pasadena, Magnolia Pasadena, Magnolias Restaurant Pasadena Ca, Magnolia Lounge Pasadena, and Magnolia Pasadena Happy Hour.