3864 Boulevard St-Laurent
Montreal Metro Area, QC H2W 1Y2

Main Deli Steak House

(Between Rue St-Cuthbert and Rue Napoléon)

Neighborhoods: Jeanne-Mance
Cuisine: Greek, Delis, Sandwiches

Main Deli Steak House is a Greek, Delis, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Sandwich-300x200

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

I wear it well

I was here for lunch during a street festival. There was a barbecue set up outside, with three specials for the lunch crowd: chicken pita, gyro pita, and Greek salad. I chose the pita, which was very tasty but the filling and sauce kept escaping from the pita onto my clothes. Despite this, I would return — and eat onsite.

chicken pita

The pita was topped with grilled chicken, bell peppers, onions, a little tomato, and a lot of tzatiki sauce, then rolled into a cone. This was pretty substantial and tasty, but it dripped all over me while I ate.

NC_Chevalier photo

NC_Chevalier

Raleigh, NC

3 of 4 stars (good, casual dining).

(see explanation of ratings below)

This is virtually right across the street from the more famous tourist destination, Schwartz’s. When we arrived, there was a line of would-be customers streaming out the door at Schwartz’s, but no line and no waiting at Main.

About $10 per person, no dessert, gratuity not included.

Could use another server as just one finds herself a bit overwhelmed.

Great sandwiches.

About my ratings:

Only high-priced dining establishments can garner five stars. Until menuism realizes that a fast food joint cannot possibly be ranked equally with a $100 per person place, I need to draw the line somewhere. If we were only talking about the quality and presentation of the food, it would be a different story. But, as we know, menuism’s rankings take into account the entire dining experience.

Therefore, I divide restaurants into three categories (and I wish menuism would do the same):

1) fast food and “fast-casual”, low-priced (no table service).

2) casual, mid-priced dining (table service, average entrée price: $10-$20).

3) fine, high-priced dining (linen napkins, no plastic cups, no TV’s in dining room, average entrée priced at more than $20, can vary depending on the city).

High-priced dining can earn a max of five stars. Mid-priced dining can earn a max of four stars. Fast food can earn a max of three stars.

Greek Plateau Takeout

Main Deli Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

Main Deli Steak House is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.