71 Fortune Dr
Irvine, CA 92618

Maki Maki

Neighborhoods: Irvine Center
Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Casual dining

Maki Maki is a Sushi, Japanese, and Casual dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

mercurialvapor24 photo

mercurialvapor24

Irvine, CA

Maki Maki

Talk about overrated. Some of my friends were telling me about this place and so I went to try it out. A couple of times actually, but it just wasn’t that great. The sushi is okay, not spectacular, but the prices are. There is a Happy Hour, for which selected sushi (and some drinks!) are half of, but the service was horrible, and the waiter forgot my drink, and when it did come, it wasn’t very good at all. For this price range, I can think of ten other Japanese restaurants that have much better food. I don’t plan on coming here again

i'm very picky about what sushi goes in my...

i’m very picky about what sushi goes in my stomach so don’t be turned off by the 2 stars i gave it. the sushi is great. if you look at my review on niban…it’s almost there. it’s definitely not that really gross stuff you’ll find at like costco, and it’s absolutely better than the average sushi bar such as sushiya. I highly recommend the volcano roll and the crazy california roll. be warned that their sushi is a little on the pricy side so plan on at least $20 if you’re going to hit up their sushi menu. the size of the sushi is pretty good so i’m not too disappointed with that. the only thing that really turned me off to the place was the service. it was freaking slow. and i came when service was supposedly faster than normal. my cousin and his roommate have apparently have waited a little over an hour for a couple of beers. beers! crazy. but anyway, one thing that i found different was that they put all your sushi on one or two plates, so make sure you know what you got. but if you and your friends are just sharing everything, there’s no problem there. :) so overall, it’s got great tasting sushi, but it’s a little pricy. but if you’re like me it won’t be too bad because i have never tipped the waiters here more than 5% if any tip at all for the sluggish service, so it makes up for the expensive food :)

adpwrites photo

adpwrites

Foothill Ranch, CA

Happy Hour at Maki Maki..What a Deal!!

Talk to anyone that eats sushi regularly, and they all have their recommendation of “the best sushi in town”. Maki Maki was not my favorite BUT always made my top 5 list. On this trip, we took advantage of their Monday night Happy Hour. Most happy hours have a lot of small print and a very narrow window to enjoy it. Maki Maki puts other Happy Hours to shame.

From 3:00-til closing, you can sit anywhere in the restaurant and get the same great bargain. The happy hour menu is broad enough to look like a regular menu. Yes, I admit the service is notoriously disjointed and the appetizers portions are small for even a grazer like myself, but when I can get the Tempura Sampler (that usually sells for $7.00) & their Mt Fuji Calamari (that sells for $8.00), both for $3.00 each, their smaller portions seems like a reasonable trade.

Sushi is one of our expensive vices so in these recessionary times, if we can get our fix for $2.50 -$3.50 a roll, a very confused waiter seems like a small price to pay. Sit back and keep ordering eventually management always comes around and apologizes for your waiter’s mistakes anyways.

Philly Roll

FHag photo

FHag

Irvine, CA

STAY AWAY

I went to Maki Maki at the Irvine Spectrum on Saturday 4/12 with my girlfriend, and received probably the worst service I’ve EVER experienced, Sushi or any other type of restaurant included. Firstly I had ordered two large beers with sake along with two waters (pretty basic), the server who seemed flustered for some reason brought out two small beers with the sake, and didn’t bring out any glasses to pour the beer into (no waters either). After we told him it took another ten minutes to bring out the correct beer. Then we received our entrée’s before our appetizer. Once we told them we were informed the order was never put in. Our entrées came without any plates or bowls for the soy sauce. We finally complained to a manager who brought out our water and plates quickly. Now this is where the worst service EVER part comes in. A female by the name of Kim began serving us as our original server went home due to “family emergency.” Once we got our bill we noticed that it was much higher than we thought it should be. We then noticed that there were 5 items that we never ordered on our bill, the beers that were incorrectly brought out included. We told our server Kim that it wasn’t our bill, however she insisted that it was. We told her we never ordered a chicken teriyaki bowl, which was on the bill. The woman then had the nerve to tell my date, that “Yes you did, I took the teriyaki bowl plate.” At this point I was infuriated, as she was calling my girlfriend a liar, and asked to speak with a manager, the woman Kim informed us that she was the manager. Finally my date calmly pointed our exactly what we ordered on the menu. Our bill came out to $50, as opposed to $71 bill, which was originally brought out. The bill had no discount, she offered no free dessert, no coupons, nothing. All this “manager” did was come back and ask us if we were still mad at her, as if we were visiting her in her home for dinner. This is by far the worst restaurant experience I’ve ever encountered. Not only will my family and I never go there again, my company which is in the same center and has a luncheon about every 3 weeks will never go there again as I’ve already told my supervisors to boycott the restaurant. If you want sushi, STAY AWAY FROM THIS RESTAURANT. And to top it off the food wasn’t very good either, some shabby sushi rolls with barely any meat.

Sushi Reservations Japanese
Anhbe

Mission Viejo, CA
0 useful

Maki Maki  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Maki Maki Irvine Spectrum Closed, Maki Maki Irvine Ca Closing, Maki Sushi Irvine, Maki Maki Happy Hour, Maki Maki Closed, Happy Hour Sushi Irvine Ca, Irvine Spectrum Restaurants Happy Hour, Sushi Place With Happy Hour In Irvine Ca, and Maki Maki Sushi Irvine.