2228 E Carson St
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Mallorca Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Southside Flats
Cuisine: Spanish, American, European

Mallorca Restaurant is a Spanish, American, and European restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"The bread was good but came with a used butter packet."
Cons
"The food is disgusting. I believe this is the worst restaurant I have ever eaten in. The staff was rude (talking about customers right in the corner of the dining room) and overbearing. The tablecloth was wrinkled and dirty which would be ok if it wasn"
Comments
"Avoid this restaurant or waste your money."
  • 9/29/2018

A Spanish chowhound from Pittsburgh, PA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 12/13/2014

A Spanish food lover from Newark, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    The bread was good but came with a used butter packet.
    Cons
    Comments
    Avoid this restaurant or waste your money.

Gigantic portion and delicious! Make sure to share with ...

Gigantic portion and delicious!
Make sure to share with another person if it’s a meat entree…

LindaJo photo

LindaJo

Pittsburgh, PA

Mallorca provides a dining delight!

Any night but Sat. (crowded and noisy on Sat.) ,and this is the most romantic and atmospheric little place for food lovers, and those who expect great service! Waiters are attentive without being obvious, and are truly professionals in every way. Their service is the finest.
To say the food is outstanding is an understatement. The menu is varied and different, the specials are truly “special.” Roast duck w/Gran Marnier sauce…amazing, and perfectly prepared. Prime rib is big enough to make two meals, and you’ll want it to last that long! Thick, juicey, crispy on the edge and tender as butter, with a flavor that is deep, rich, and almost sweet. Do not miss this restaurant; it will become a lovely habit!

Prime Rib

Glorious hunk of thick, juicy and perfectly flavored meat, with a beautiful crispy edge, and PERFECTLY done inside with a buttery texture.

kmb246 photo

kmb246

Authentic Spanish Cuisine

Mallorca is a Pittsburgh staple and perhaps the only authentic spanish restaurant in the ’burgh. The atmosphere and waitstaff are all from Spain. The list of specials is always longer than the menu iteself. Do not be surprised to hear that they have all kinds of meats from all kinds of animals. The paella is fantastic as is the stuffed lobster tail. I recommend getting it with the crab meat on top. All meals are served with a house salad and sides of crisp potato chips, vegtables and spanish rice served family style for the whole table.

A great idea is to try this place for lunch where prices are easily half, if not a third of what they are at dinner. Same long list of specials at lunch too.

dillpickle photo

dillpickle

Old food

I cant believe people still go this place. I have gone here twice and the rice is always old and dry. My mussels were bad and my friends stuffed lobster was gross. I heard of someone getting sick and having to stay in the hospital from eating here. I wont take that chance again.

Seafood Medley

I swear the seafood was bad.

michaelasmom photo

michaelasmom

phenominal food and service

The food is so delicious, portions are very large. The waiters have superb customer service and we are treated wonderful everytime we go. One of my favorite places to dine in the Pittsburgh area. A place you must put on you list of places to try.

Filet mignon

Melts in your mouth…served just how I ordered it. The best filet in the Pittsburgh area.

XPiperBlue photo

XPiperBlue

Huge menu

My friend and I were looking forward to trying this place for a long time, and we were glad to finally go on a recent weeknight. The interior of the restaurant is warm and inviting, with rich colors and cozy tables. There were several large groups of people and lots of couples dining when we arrived at 7pm. Our highly professional and experienced waiter impressed us by rattling off so many specials that the large menu was easily doubled. Mostly they offered seafood and meat dishes, although there were a few vegetarian friendly options. The entrees came with a small salad, and we were very surprised to see that the salads were covered in a Thousand Island type dressing (without our asking). That’s pretty old-school and actually wasn’t appreciated. But the fresh bread and butter were enjoyable. Our pitcher of sangria was fresh and well-balanced. My companion was impressed by her large serving of garlic shrimp, accompanied by veggies, rice, and fresh potato chips (yes… strange but good). I enjoyed my paella and was surprised to find it so loaded with seafood. Dessert was fantastic, and the coffee was great. We were even offered free shots of after dinner liquor. I enjoyed this meal, and it appeared that the diners surrounding us were really enjoying theirs. This is a great place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, or just to enjoy a night out with a friend.

Shindai photo

Shindai

Mallorca Magnifico!

There hasn’t been been a dish served in Mallorca that I did not find to be exceptional both in taste and presentation. The food seems authentic Mediterranean as the menus and the staff are Spanish. The atmosphere is cozy, on the edge of claustrophobic, but the friendly, nimble staff and comfortably romantic setting makes it perfect for a date, a family gathering or a special occasion.

The food is the star at Mallorca. A simple glance at a neighbor’s plate, combined with the smile on their faces will tell you that the excellent meal on your plate is the rule, not the exception. Steaks served here are ginormous and I also highly recommend the lobster, where two tails are served split down the middle and stuffed with lump crab meat.

Ribeye

My steak was broiled beautifully on the outside and perfectly juicy and delicious. The portion size was Galactic, as there were literally two whole ribs sticking out from the side of my steak. Dear Mutant destroyer steak from the Land of Cow, you are delicious!

Lobster Tails

Twin lobster tails were served, split down the middle and stuffed with lump crab meat. Served with drawn butter, the lobster was fresh and delicious, the firm, yet tender flesh popping from the shells. First time I’ve every had so much lobster that I had enough for a doggie bag. Bravo.

Seafood Medley

Served in a cast iron cauldron (yes, a cauldron), the seafood medley is chocked full of mussels, shrimp, calamari and mini lobster tails in a tomato based sauce. There’s a crazy amount of seafood here, soaking in all it’s steamy goodness. Anyone with a taste for all types of seafood should try this.

Rum Cake

Angel food cake positively SOAKED in high quality rum. Very tasty, but do avoid a second piece if you intend on driving home. Sure, you could pass a lie detector test ("No occifer, I haven’t had a DROP to drink!), but that breathalyzer might catch on fire. HA!

Spanish Wine Served Paella

Pizza in Oakland

Sakura Teppanyaki & Sushi

Japanese in Squirrel Hill South

Mallorca Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Mallorca Restaurant is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Majorca Pittsburgh, Mallorca's Restaurant Football Sized Lobster, Mallorca Southside, Mallorca Restaurant, The Food Was Delicious Portion, Mallorca Restaurant Menu, Pittsburgh Southside Restaurants, and Mallorca Southside Pittsburgh.