5109 W Fullerton Ave

Mama Luna's Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Cragin
Cuisine: Italian, Late Night, Pasta

Overall
Pros
"I ordered a mega ball pizza for my child's birthday party they said it would be ready in 45 min I arrive 45 min later for them to not have my order ready he tells me 5 more min so I wait 5 min turned to 15 min and every one walking in is picking up there "
"Got the order Wright"
"Great pizza, but recomended to order out. Not the best dine in. "
"The pizza was okay, the fried mushrooms were burned, they shorted me on my shrimp, the service was the absolute most terrible service ever"
Cons
"The whole service the whole staff and management "
"I really do like to eat at the restaurant. Now the delivery was hour and a half long. The food was so cold did not taste good . I'm very unhappy with the delivery. ; ("
"Service needs to be improved"
Comments
"I will never go back and spend my hard earned money in this horrible place never again."
  • 9/16/2018

A diner from Franklin, IN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/04/2015

An Italian chowhound from IL tried it.

• 7/28/2015

• 1/14/2015

An Italian food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    The whole service the whole staff and management
    Comments
  • 3/10/2015

An Italian food lover from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 1/23/2015

An Italian chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/23/2015

An Italian chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 11/02/2014

Pros
    Good taste great and good portions
  • 6/15/2014

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 2/23/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

OMG01 photo

OMG01

Chicago, IL

Mama Luna's Restaurant in Chicago, IL

The manager “Nellie”, we were told, claimed that a past order was made and not accepted. They claim they tried to call and the number is blocked. I explained why but the girl on the phone accused my family of “playing games” with them using phones! Well, my question is why didn’t they call the number that was used to make the order and get the name of the caller?What if they made an error and called a wrong number. Lord knows, they have gone to the wrong address before! No one here says an order was ever cancelled from Mama Luna’s! Everyone here is educated and grown. No one here has time to to waste playing childish games on the phone. Only adults call and pay for orders here. Seriously?

Sometimes our orders from Mama Luna’s have problems- food/drinks are missing, orders are wrong, the driver sometimes goes to the wrong address and claims to have been at my door but had never shown then has to return, most times the food is barely warm when delivered). People hard;y deliver today, so we are grateful. Grateful, mind you, not stupid. I have even told Mama Luna’s to just forget it when their errors were minor. And, hey, nobody is perfect. We do not try to be difficult and always tip…the delivery people are VERY friendly. Also, when orders are taken by the only older guy who answers the phone; the prices are always come out much higher…go figure? Also, getting the price of items before ordering can be like pulling chicken teeth!

I tried to explain about the phone block, but got nowhere! Also, I can’t believe there is only ONE manager? When she leaves, no one is there to manage? Ridiculous! I admit I lost it-after trying to explain repeatedly! Nothing like this has EVER happened before and I don’t expect it to EVER happen again! I would like to continue business with them; but that all depends on tomorrow’s call to the manager! I understand a business needs to protect its interests; but, sometimes all it takes is some CRM (cutomer relations management) and staff training. Obviously, staff needs to learn how to use tact when dealing with customers and not treat everyone as if they are blazing idiots or shysters. They certainly have no problem taking our money…they should be more discretionary and utilize phone etiquette.

My ADDRESS is blocked not the phones! It doesn’t matter what number is used! They won’t deliver to the address! Again, I will be calling the manager tomorrow and trying to rectify this issue. Right now I am STEAMING! I will try to remain calm tomorrow. I think blackballing addresses for unfounded reasons is just bad business! I don’t blackball them for the often RUDE people answering their phones and their messed up orders! People cancel orders; that part of being in business. II am trying very hard to think this is a misunderstanding but its not sinking in just yet!

Italian Parking Poor Customer Service

Mama Luna's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Mama Luna's Restaurant is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Mama Lunas, Mama Luna's Menu, Mama Luna Menu, Mama Lunas Menu, Mama Lunas In Chicago, Mama Lunas Pizza, and Mama Luna's Pizza In Chicago.