439 Sw 2nd Ave

Mama Mia Trattoria

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Italian, Sandwiches, European

• 5/18/2013

A diner from Grand Rapids, MI tried it and liked it.

mardansav photo

mardansav

Portland, OR

not impressed

I’m so sad about this I had passed this place hundreds of times goin down town and kept thinking I really wanted to go there, so I was thrilled when my boyfriend said he wanted italian for dinner on his bday. I made reservations, checked out the menu on line and knew I was gonna enjoy it. Had my dinner all picked out everything sounded so good and they had great reviews. So when I get there they have a nice atmosphere tables by the window and wall were a little nicer with table clothes and a little more space, the ones in the middle were crowded. I thought sense I made reservations I would get a nicer table…nope they put us in the middle. That didn’t ruin it for me yet we ordered a couple of drinks or should I say waters cause they were very bland and couldn’t taste even a hint of alcohol. Still was excited about the food cause thats what we came for right?! So we ordered our food and the wait was not long a good amount of time. The food was average, not as flavorful as I was thinking or hoping for. I was very let down. Now for dessert. OK this is where they had me excited again I got canoli’s and Yum Yum Yum. By far my fav. part. well the only part I liked.

manicoti with sunday gravy

This was pretty bland and a little over cooked. The “Mary’s sunday gravy” sounded so good but tasted like a jar of marinara sause. Unless I go back for dessert I wont be going back.

OregonianSteve photo

OregonianSteve

Portland, OR

Who doesn't love southern Italian soul food? Even the pur...

Who doesn’t love southern Italian soul food? Even the purported ghosts in the basement seem to stick around for Grandma Mary’s Sunday Gravy.

Italian Dinner Sandwiches
Sun-Tue 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Thu-Sat 05:00PM - 02:30AM
Mon-Fri 05:00PM - 07:00PM (Happy Hour)

Mama Mia Trattoria  Restaurant Reviews

Mama Mia Trattoria is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Mamma Mia Portland Or, Mamma Mia Menu Portland, Bellagios Pizza Menu, Mamma Mia Restaurant Portland, The Haunted Mama Mia's Restaurant, Mamma Mia's Restaurant Portland, Best Dishes At Mama Mia Portland Pregon, and Haunted Mamma Mia Building In Downtown Portland.