Mama's Oven

Neighborhoods: South Main
Cuisine: American, Lunch, Breakfast

Mama's Oven is a American, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"There are no pros to this place. Attitude was bad. Service was extremely slow and sorry. And the food look like slop for a farm animal. I was so pissst off when I open my to go container I wanted to smash it in there face. Really I don't understand wh"
"good rapport with customers"
"FOOD ICE CREAM DONUTS AND SURROUNDING CLUB WOMEN THAT YOU RUN INTO AND MAMA OVEN JR. HOOK YOU UP WITH.SOPHIA"
"Tasty food."
"The only place I have found to have good, CLEAN chitterlings."
"certain items on the menu is pretty decent, other items are just ok. the actual service is what makes this place horrible. the lady in the kitchen has the WORST attitude with the wait staff as well as customers. She will say ANYTHING and it does not matt"
"The best Oxtails in houston great cheesy macaroni and scrumptious yams "
"Food was GREAT.... I have eaten there twice and each time the food was wonderful.... They just need to up grade the place and work on getting your food to you sooner."
"Friendly service"
"Oxtails and Mac and cheese"
Cons
"I try to make it before the crowd, due to the fact I have been here before and it takes forever, so I arrived 15 min before they opened. Didn't open doors until 10 mins after opening time. Ordered my food 30 min ago and it still isn't ready. Sad when i w"
"Again, VERY poor service from that kitchen lady. I brought a couple of co-workers (non black), and I was thoroughly embarrassed by her attitude with loud talking and scolding the male waiter. We were never given cornbread which we asked for twice, and whe"
"Slow service, all the main and side dishes available as indicated on the menu"
"Slow service"
"The food was under cooked and cold"
Comments
"I despise Moma's Oven. "
"I have said enough"
"Overall, the food is great! The restaurant needs more help in order to improved slow service"
"I won't be going back"
  • 5/30/2018

An American food lover from Houston, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 3/13/2018

An American chowhound from Houston, TX tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Comments
    I despise Moma's Oven.
  • 3/11/2018

An American food lover from Houston, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/08/2018

A diner from Houston, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/12/2018

An American food lover from Houston, TX tried it.

• 12/28/2017

An American food lover from San Antonio, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/07/2017

An American food lover from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 11/25/2017

• 11/07/2017

A diner from US tried it.

• 11/01/2017

A dining patron from Houston, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    good rapport with customers
Expensive_Dreams photo

Expensive_Dreams

New York, NY

Pretty Bad...

I had really high expectations for this place, but boy did it fall flat. Granted, the meatloaf was pretty good and the smothered pork chop with rice and gravy was nice, too. But they weren’t amazing or even really great, and there was a whole lot of bad. First of all, the water tasted like dishwashing liquid. The staff was very nice and friendly, and tried switched out the cup, it still tasted pretty undrinkable. Green beans and corn look like they came straight out of a can onto the steamer tray, and the yams were just terrible. When we ordered, they didn’t tell us they had neither cornbread nor mac and cheese, and we didn’t get the cornbread until way after we finished our food (it was pretty good, especially hot out of the oven), but we continued to wait even longer for the mac and cheese. And boy was it not worth the wait. It tasted like salt, wasn’t even really hot especially for having just come out of the oven, and just was lacking flavor and didn’t taste very good. In short, don’t waste your time and money here…

Tey photo

Tey

Houston, TX

Horrible customer service!

Don’t bother, unless you want to waste a lot of unnecessary time. I called in my order and was told to pick it up in 10 minutes. When I arrived not only was my order not ready, but they were out of some of the items I chose. Their excuse was that the man who took the order didn’t know what was left or how long it would take (what???). Even after picking substitutes, it took another 35 minutes before I got my food. The staff had an attitude and didn’t seem concerned about the poor customer service. This is a cafeteria-style set up, so with three people on the line, one on the register and another two in the kitchen, there is no reason for this slow service and miscommunication…unless they just don’t care whether you come or not. No thanks, there are too many other restaurants in the Medical Center who actually want repeat customers for me to hassle with this place.

oxtails

evey96 photo

evey96

Houston, TX

Great place for comfort food!

Great Food, not too salty, like some other soul food places….had the oxtails, white rice, mac and cheese and green beans…all was prefectly seasoned and cooked…people were very friendly….will definitely return on one wed to try the speghetti special..

oxtails

Had oxtails, white rice, mac and cheese, and green beans…it was well seasoned and cooked prefectly….did not dissappoint!

Cliff's Grill

Chinese in Meyerland

Shuttle Burgers & More

Burgers in Southeast

6/19/2018

A diner from Houston, TX tried Original New Orleans Po-Boy in Midtown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
It was awesome
6/19/2018

A Chicken food lover from US tried Church's Chicken in Jacinto City.

6/18/2018

A dining patron from US tried Original New Orleans Po-Boy in Midtown.

6/17/2018

A diner from Houston, TX tried China Doll in Greater Inwood.

6/16/2018

A diner from US tried Great Caruso Dinner Theater in Westchase and liked it.

6/15/2018

A dining patron from Houston, TX tried Casarez Mexican Restaurant in Edgebrook, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/14/2018

A Pizza chowhound from Houston, TX tried Star Pizza in Washington Ave./ Memorial Park.

6/13/2018

A Steak food lover from League City, TX tried Old San Francisco Steak House in Woodlake/ Briar Meadow.

6/13/2018

A diner from US tried Ginza Japanese Restaurant in Great Uptown.

6/12/2018

A dining patron from San Antonio, TX tried Qin Dynasty in Greenway/ Upper Kirby.

American Lunch Breakfast

Mama's Oven  Restaurant Reviews

Mama's Oven is located near the cities of Houston Texas, Clutch City, and Olean.
People found this by searching for: Mama's Oven Houston, Mammas Oven, Mama's Oven Houston Menu, Mama's Oven Menu, Mama's Oven South Main Houston Texas, Mama's Oven, and Mama Oven.